This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #17503
Hey Space Cadets! I just wanted to share a recent development with you. In my introductory thread last month I talked about some of the crazy space-related things that happen here. Well I have a new story to add to the pot...

Yes indeed, I am now employed as the Public Relations assistant for a company that is in the process of building a Lunar Lander and Rover to send to the Moon in 2015! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! Now I'm going to get paid to live Space all day every day. This is the life!! (You'd better believe I'll be listening to Spacesynth at work too!) And if the position itself weren't enough, the icing on the cake is that the Rover's name is Sagan. Which is uncanny because Carl Sagan is pretty much my favorite person in the world.

Part of my job is to secure sponsorships and partnerships from various companies. Maybe it's a little ambitious, but I'm going to try and bring Cosmos Studios on-board as a partner. That way, we can make use of Carl Sagan's internet virality and promote Sagan the Lunar Rover with clever Cosmos puns!

Gosh, I'm overwhelmed! I mean seriously -I'm the PR person for a Lunar Rover!?? Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll land among the stars!

(By the way, this is somewhat a different topic, but it's moon-related anyway: what are the ly rics to Retronic Voice's 'The Awakening'? I understand most of it but there are some lines I'm not sure of.)

Post Post #17533
Maybe you could somehow convince the powers that be to put some spacesynth on the lander......now that would be some feat Very Happy

Post Post #17646
Man I would love that!!

I've been working there for a couple of months now and I'm getting into the groove of things. As PR, part of my job is to think of bold and innovative new ways to market our company and mission and gain new partners, so I've been trying to think of a way we might be able to partner with the either a Spacesynth artist or the Spacesynth community. The hurdle in my thought process though has been that Spacesynth as a genre is so obscure here in the U.S. that I have been unable to think of a way that it would benefit our company marketing wise. If it were up to me, I'd incorporate Spacesynth regardless! But alas, that is my boss' call, so the proposal has to be really good.

Though I have suggested that we begin to take a more international approach as a company and begin to promote ourselves as a company that encourages international participation, so maybe we might be able to figure something out yet.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Post Post #18103
I know this is a very odd question. The reason being, I'm trying to pinpoint the reason why my mind inherently associates spacesynth and italo music with REAL spaceflight. Apparently this is a fairly unique association, because I've found that most people who like spacesynth associate it with sci-fi and fantasy spaceflight.

Post Post #18107
interesting question! my two cents (ok, one cent worth) is that in the 80s when i was young, laserdance lp covers were like nothing else Id seen on covers! i then being a teeny bopper, I linked the music I heard to the art work, and let my mind do the rest : ) ...would it have been different if non space flight art work was used?....and why was space flight chosen as art work?......maybe some one else with more knowledge can tell .....
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: