This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #1933
Hi everybody, I just wanted to bring the Firefly / Serenity franchise to your attention. Firefly is a Science Fiction TV show created by Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel) in 2002. Unfortunately, due to lack of support from the Fox Network, the show was cancelled after only 14 episodes. Those episodes, however, are, each and everyone of them, gems in this genre.

The show is set 500 years in the future and depicts the adventures of the crew of the Serenity, a small private freighter. The show is funny and dramatic, has fantastic CGI (remember the handycam-style CGI sequences from Galactica? Firefly invented those), great witty dialogue, top notch actors and writers. The overall visual style is incredible believable, even though it is a cross over between SciFi and Western movies. That last part is a bit hard to explain =).

Anyways, if anyone is interested, the DVD box can be picked up at Amazon, or, if you don't want to spend money, you know where to get them for free. Also, there currently is a movie that is sort of a continuation of the series showing at the cinemas. It's called Serenity, and it's also supposed to be excellent (even without having seen the TV show).

Ok, that's it - let me know if I was able to convince anybody to check this out or if you know it already!

Master Droid

Post Post #1934
It was okay series when it came. But I'd say the new Battlestar Galactica is much better. BG is one of the best scifi series for a long time.

Firefly ended too soon to be good, leaves too much open to the plot.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #1937
Hello SleepwalkR, long time no see.

I watched some Firefly episodes and thought it was pretty good. It's a shame that a series like that get cancelled.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: