This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #22849
Reply to SX001's and Neuton Mouse's comments...

On a general note (not meant to specifically someone here): In my opinion, it is simply a lot more easier to give feedback about the technical details, than the music itself. Of course, one can say that the melodies are not good enough and how to fix some details here and there, but it is almost impossible to say HOW to compose better melodies (in general). Composing music is different: it is mostly based on talent and hard work. Music theory helps understanding the music itself, but it is not the key for making excellent melodies. And I guess that is not what the "newbie" composer wants to hear. One might need, possibly, years of musical practising to learn the way to compose music. Simply put: compose, compose, compose and listen, listen and listen. If you prefer, let the other people listen your music too. If you are happy about it, then it might be ok. OR, if someone likes it, then might be ok. All depends on your personal goals. Do you want to make yourself happy with your music? Or, is your goal to make as many people happy as possible? You need to understand that you cannot please everyone... and you have to deal with the critics.

New musicians needs, first of all, encouragement to keep on doing new tracks. In my opinion...

Last edited by Everdune on 2015-08-03, 22:37; edited 4 times in total

Post Post #22852
Everdune wrote:
On a general note (not meant to specifically someone here): It is simply a lot more easier to give feedback about the technical details, than the music itself. Of course, one can say that the melodies are not good enough and how to fix some details here and there, but it is almost impossible to say HOW to compose better melodies (in general). Composing music is different: it is mostly based on talent and hard work. Music theory helps understanding the music itself, but it is not the key for making excellent melodies. And I guess that is not what the "newbie" composer wants to hear. One might need, possibly, years of musical practising to learn the way to compose music. Simply put: compose, compose, compose and listen, listen and listen. If you prefer, let the other people listen your music too. If you are happy about it, then it might be ok. OR, if someone likes it, then might be ok. All depends on your personal goals. Do you want to make yourself happy with your music? Or, is your goal to make as many people happy as possible? You need to understand that you cannot please everyone... and you have to deal with the critics.

New musicians needs, first of all, encouragement to keep on doing new tracks.

yea scrap it mate , they all jealous of you , be happy with what you have accomplished , whatever others say is irrelevant they didn't produce the album you did , so from me you have full support 5/5

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #22856
filipesantos wrote:
yea scrap it mate , they all jealous of you , be happy with what you have accomplished , whatever others say is irrelevant they didn't produce the album you did , so from me you have full support 5/5

Ah, hehe, thanks. No, no jealousy... This was just my reply (general note) to SX001 and Neuton Mouse here.

To all here: respect all the different opinions. Don't have to agree with everyone, but with respect.

Post Post #22859
Everdune wrote:
filipesantos wrote:

Ah, hehe, thanks. No, no jealousy... This was just my reply (general note) to SX001 and Neuton Mouse here.

To all here: respect all the different opinions. Don't have to agree with everyone, but with respect.

Follow your own Path.

DOS PROGRAMMERc=HAPPYDAYZ

c:/FORMAT sidCHIP IN PROGRESS.........
MISSION COMPLETE . CONGRATULATIONS
YOU ARE THE WINNER!

Master Droid

Post Post #22864
Everdune wrote:

On a general note (not meant to specifically someone here): In my opinion, it is simply a lot more easier to give feedback about the technical details, than the music itself. Of course, one can say that the melodies are not good enough and how to fix some details here and there, but it is almost impossible to say HOW to compose better melodies (in general).
New musicians needs, first of all, encouragement to keep on doing new tracks. In my opinion...

That's the point! And, looking at all modern music, there's no such thing as best melody. However, there is a pure crap melody which you'll hear only of those who just opened a sequencer - the one with sinister disharmony. Otherwise, it's just a matter of taste.

Anyway, most of new producers require a feedback as way to encourage their deeds, that's true. Not sure about guys above "rookie" level. Personally, i would rather want people to be informed of my projects whether they like it or not. Just being informed without feedbacks.

And that's it! Critique will be always there in any field - not everybody likes beer or apple juice or <put your thing here>.

Post Post #22865
Neuton Mouse wrote:
Quote:
well, I remember this kind of "critique" to my one tracks -- "its good, just adjust the high frequencyes little bit". Did it meant that it was perfect tune? NO, it just meant, that the listener was only capable of sound engineering details. OF COURSE I thought that yess, thats the superb tune, unknowing that I was being misleaded.

What if the track is very good and the only flaw is high frequency. There's nothing to critique about but frequency? (just assume it's hyper ideal) You're talking about stuff others want to hear some exact words but forgetting you're as same as these guys just want to hear something specific which differs from their own preference of hearing? Smile Smile Smile

Same game with same question but different answer and you already assume that the listener is judging only from engineering side. The thing is that you believe that the conclusion is genuine. Now, would that be a rational judgment or yet another whimsical indignation? Smile

the listener certainly understood only sound engineering side and did not grasped the arrangement which screamed for improvements! Very Happy Sure! Becouse from other fellows I got much more in detail analysis and yes, that tune certainly had quite much improvements.
Also, it is certainly in priority, that WHO is saying that ... well, If the recommendation like "just adjust hi freqs, nothing more" would come from someone who has been in 30 years industry, _then_ I believe it, that its the only flaw. Yes, however these pro's had quite different kind of story to tell me about that track and the recommendations were far from about EQing track only... Wink

Master Droid

Post Post #22866
Quote:
would come from someone who has been in 30 years industry

Haha, authorities?
That would then quite a philosophical assumption. A dzen of music development you hear from 30 old experienced dudes.

Post Post #22868
Everdune wrote:

On a general note (not meant to specifically someone here): In my opinion, it is simply a lot more easier to give feedback about the technical details, than the music itself.

yep, two very different topics, still most information here is more focused about sound engineering details and sounds, instead of arranging and composing side. So, while there are dischords in composing and sloppy timing, funny enough, I heard recommendations about EQing. Very Happy Very Happy

Post Post #22869
Neuton Mouse wrote:
Quote:
would come from someone who has been in 30 years industry

Haha, authorities?
That would then quite a philosophical assumption. A dzen of music development you hear from 30 old experienced dudes.

well, someone with musical college education, but he also had lots of gigging in life and traveled around a lot (these were different times back then!), plus also absolute hearing, very good sense for rhytm etc. His recommendations made sense, all of them. In fact his recommendations made tunes better, even when he does not do spacesynth music or pop music at all.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: