This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #23954
KoolKool wrote:
wow,you created this thread made me feel...quite suprised....oh come on!

your previous tracks are good,why can you do the same!? Very Happy (if i remember correctly,one of your track name "mysteon" or something?!"

i don't have any criticism...my only one advice is you should try your best to get it done,don't let it stay unfinished too long and you forget it later..oh no!

sometime drum + bass + one single melody layer work well,but sometime you more layers to add more vibrance to your arrangement...! Smile

well cant say i didnt try.
some people are cut into this genre and some others arent.
guess ill b back at making some old school goa this genre has too many things i dont understand and seems impossible for me to get to the sound i want. listened to marcos stuff yesterday and its mindblowing. like i said some people are cut into this and i probably aint one of them. but love the music for sure Smile

i love loops playing with cutoffs n stuff , this genre hasnt got that . if you loop too much you're busted and its boring. youve no other choice than to just keep hittiing keys. its more about long melodies . chords , arpeggios , tonal changes and much more...

Master Droid

Post Post #23955
filipesantos wrote:
KoolKool wrote:
wow,you created this thread made me feel...quite suprised....oh come on!

your previous tracks are good,why can you do the same!? Very Happy (if i remember correctly,one of your track name "mysteon" or something?!"

i don't have any criticism...my only one advice is you should try your best to get it done,don't let it stay unfinished too long and you forget it later..oh no!

sometime drum + bass + one single melody layer work well,but sometime you more layers to add more vibrance to your arrangement...! Smile

well cant say i didnt try.
some people are cut into this genre and some others arent.
guess ill b back at making some old school goa this genre has too many things i dont understand and seems impossible for me to get to the sound i want. listened to marcos stuff yesterday and its mindblowing. like i said some people are cut into this and i probably aint one of them. but love the music for sure Smile

i love loops playing with cutoffs n stuff , this genre hasnt got that . if you loop too much you're busted and its boring. youve no other choice than to just keep hittiing keys. its more about long melodies . chords , arpeggios , tonal changes and much more...

Heh, here you go folks, static genre that doesn't want to evolve or move aside at least for one step brings some desperation for new producers.

Well, here's some points... if you like spacsynth and goa - do a genre mix. I'd suggest to approach to it with "i write music with no limits" rather than "let's do a goa/spacesynth mix". I'm sure something interesting will come out - something i'd personally be keen to listen to.

Doing it and expecting some reward will be kind of... risky (for your expectations of course). Experiments may explode Smile. So, turn on "zero-fquacks-given" mode and do the track as you want to whether it will win or fail in your eyes or somebody else's eyes. If you get the joy from it - why not keep doing what you're doing?

From other point of view, u gave up too quickly? Confused

Of course, fans that prefer traditional spacesynth will not change and probably keep waiting for more LD/Koto copies. But each medal has two sides - there are fans who are tired of genre conservatism and prefer something new (these are minority of course). So, there's a demand.

And the last... if you wish to be wealthy pop star producer that everyone knows and adores (which is not bad desire at all) - this is not the genre to work with no matter whether it's traditional or experimental or whatever. Not for today at least but time will show...

Last edited by Neuton Mouse on 2015-11-13, 16:54; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #23956
filipesantos wrote:

yeah!
i used to be fan of trance,techno before i moved to more retro genre like spacesynth,italo,synthpop...
well,i just got bored with repetitive! Smile EDM nowadays is for club,but spacesynth is...different,about me,i want more melodies,less effect,more variants and complex arrangement structure!

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #23957
KoolKool wrote:
filipesantos wrote:

yeah!
i used to be fan of trance,techno before i moved to more retro genre like spacesynth,italo,synthpop...
well,i just got bored with repetitive! Smile EDM nowadays is for club,but spacesynth is...different!

yea i get you. this genre has more musicality than those genres. although i dont like club technos n stuff i still like some old school goa stuff and it can still b fun making it. of course that making it its completely different than making space synth . spacesynth relies in different elements and i love the genre but i cant be bothered with chords which is a spacesynth essential.
i think thats the most important element in space synth and everything comes down after that.

Post Post #23959
filipesantos wrote:

yea i get you. this genre has more musicality than those genres. although i dont like club technos n stuff i still like some old school goa stuff and it can still b fun making it. of course that making it its completely different than making space synth . spacesynth relies in different elements and i love the genre but i cant be bothered with chords which is a spacesynth essential.
i think thats the most important element in space synth and everything comes down after that.

yeah! i love oldskool goa trance too,i have some excellence albums in my collection Cool
highly addictive also full of magic

Post Post #23960
KoolKool wrote:
filipesantos wrote:

yeah! i love oldskool goa trance too,i have some excellence albums in my collection Cool
highly addictive also full of magic

cool! which ones you got?

Post Post #23961
filipesantos wrote:

Jaia - Blue Energy
SHELL SHOCK - Sunshine on Tokyo
Divinorum-Talisman
Sri Hari - Rising sign

Smile

Post Post #23962
KoolKool wrote:
filipesantos wrote:

Jaia - Blue Energy
SHELL SHOCK - Sunshine on Tokyo
Divinorum-Talisman
Sri Hari - Rising sign

Smile

i know the first two , the other 2 are probably more psytrance
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: