This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #23996
Staffan wrote:
Krizz wrote:
Hmm, search doesn't seem to be helpful to me today. And I'm not into browsing all topics. Sorry.

You will find one of the discussion threads in this subject if you type the word "recycle" at the search page.
Here is that discussion: http://spacesynth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2468

Wink

Post Post #23998
Krizz wrote:
Staffan wrote:
Krizz wrote:
Hmm, search doesn't seem to be helpful to me today. And I'm not into browsing all topics. Sorry.

You will find one of the discussion threads in this subject if you type the word "recycle" at the search page.
Here is that discussion: http://spacesynth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2468

Wink

sorry just lazy Razz

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #23999
The discussion about the recycled melodies started a couple of years ago at the spacesynth group at Yahoo and therefore you can't find that discussion at this forum. I have a backup of the material that was published in that thread in case someone is interested of it.

Anyhow, I don't think that we need to dig any deeper into this subject as we already know that many of the melodies in the Laserdance and Proxyon songs are recycled. Personally I think that the Laserdance songs are better than the original songs.

Post Post #24013
Staffan wrote:
The discussion about the recycled melodies started a couple of years ago at the spacesynth group at Yahoo and therefore you can't find that discussion at this forum. I have a backup of the material that was published in that thread in case someone is interested of it.

Anyhow, I don't think that we need to dig any deeper into this subject as we already know that many of the melodies in the Laserdance and Proxyon songs are recycled. Personally I think that the Laserdance songs are better than the original songs.

to make it clear : im not hating their stuff i still love the music although i was just disapointed to know that most melodies werent created by mvdk. their albums are a sort of riff / cover compilation with a bit of originality and they shouldve credited the original songs , there nobody wouldve complained.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #24019
filipesantos wrote:
found this out :

http://www.whosampled.com/Michiel-Van-Der-Kuy/?sp=2

laserdance took a lot of riff / hooks from other groups Surprised

thats really cheap Puke

Kuy created a unique sound, and chose from the best melodies within a small genre (size doesn't matter though(",)

On a more positive note, that list is awesome! New discoveries lined up for many I presume...even for me Very Happy
Micer G - First Attack (v. Es/ v. der Kuy, 1985) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqOmcK_mg8E Legendary synth riffs!

The list is far from complete though, and there are, as others have pointed out, more complete ones around here on this forum.

Post Post #24059
Italopal wrote:
filipesantos wrote:
found this out :

http://www.whosampled.com/Michiel-Van-Der-Kuy/?sp=2

laserdance took a lot of riff / hooks from other groups Surprised

thats really cheap Puke

Kuy created a unique sound, and chose from the best melodies within a small genre (size doesn't matter though(",)

I give them credit for the sound they created (now i'm not even sure about that anymore just because if you look back at the 80s they just grabbed the new and popular synthesizer machines , and there weren't probably that many available like today which that sort of contributed to a more creative process in my opinion and made music with it. ) but the melodies? I'm forgetting about it.
Maybe there's a bit of originality here an there but i'm leaving this matter to the artists themselves i think they can do much better than they did back in the days . the riffs are tasty i admit but after i found out that most melodies have been 'stolen' ' borrowed' ' recycled' from other existing songs , you name it , for me they just lost a lot of credit and took away a lot of the record value because of the 'copied melodies' unless they have a really good explanation which will probably never happen. To sum it up : it's cheap. Why did not credit the songs they got the melodies from and put it in the album in the first place? That's something for them to think about. It's not my problem.
I wasn't happy when here's me listening to their music , enjoying and thinking how awesome they were and the minute you find out those melodies are not from them that's it game over man game over lol . its funny but true but hey I still love the music they did , i appreciate what they did and what they might come up with in future releases. I hope they can show a better side of them because I think myself and other people like me will appreciate more when an album is coming down as an original it should be like that not covered up with melodies from several other records... you know , i could go on forever and point many other aspects about this but i'm gonna ignore this and move on.
end of rant . sorry for venting it out because it was really disappointing and deceiving.

I think Space Synth is better than this. Bulls Eye

DOS PROGRAMMERc=HAPPYDAYZ

c:/FORMAT sidCHIP IN PROGRESS.........
MISSION COMPLETE . CONGRATULATIONS
YOU ARE THE WINNER!

Space Moderator

Post Post #24134
Filipe... I can't agree with you in one question... MvdK and the old Spacesynth Masters composers use the melodies from other songs in their compositions because their work without this would be some unflavored... Melodies from other songs adds the real spacesynth flavor Very Happy and Space Masters often play that melodies in own style, adds other delay, reverb and special climate of the whole song Smile I don't know what is wrong in that? Very Happy

For example ... I played the song with my own melodies, but unfortunately my work was not a success ... And now a few months later someone found my song and played my melody in his own song.

Now... I can be nervous... but... without exaggeration...

In real I will be glad that somebody played my melody in his own song Very Happy Because it shows that I've done a good job, but unfortunately not everyone must have success Smile

This is my own opinion about that and I think I have a healthy view on this topic Wink

Last edited by exMachine on 2015-11-28, 1:49; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #24135
exMachine wrote:
Filipe... I can't agree with you in one question... MvdK and the old Spacesynth Masters composers use the melodies from other songs in their compositions because their work without this would be some unflavored... Melodies from other songs adds the real spacesynth flavor Very Happy and Space Masters often play that melodies in own style, adds other delay, reverb and special climate of the whole song Smile I don't know what is wrong in that? Very Happy

For example ... I played the song in his own melodies, but unfortunately my work was not a success ... And now a few months later someone found my song and played my melody in your song.

Now... I can be nervous... but... without exaggeration...

In real I will be glad that somebody played my melody in his own song Very Happy

This is my own opinion about that and I think I have a healthy view on this topic Wink

Yes bro i totally understand that case but i let that go . Sometimes there's a 'hint' or a bit of accidental similarity or influence. I forgive. Their times were different. We are in 2015 now. A lot has changed and not just Space Synth believe me. From these recent complaints I take it that it's actual complete stealing from start to finish . I'm not going to give any further comments about this bro it's just sad. No talent at all. Just simply stealing from extremely talented people I very much respect in our community.

Note : If they love the real artists songs so much why not just respect the original artist and name it as a cover as other people like Chris does? Chris channel : hhttps://www.youtube.com/user/DJChrisvanBuren/videos
He does great work promoting Space Synth music with his hardware equipment and he's not earning a single penny off it as far as I know! Plus he still manages to throw something original once in a while! Smile Chris Van Buren - Destination Mars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxsege1P38s
Just my thoughts bro forgive me as I am very passionate about what I do.

My Kudos to Chris for DJing Space Synth with his musical instruments.

YOU ARE THE WINNER!

Last edited by filipesantos on 2015-11-28, 1:57; edited 1 time in total

Space Moderator

Post Post #24137
Uhh... Talent ... You have to have it, to adjust melodies to the song and play these in a way in which it does MvdK Smile

Post Post #24138
exMachine wrote:
Uhh... Talent ... You have to have it, to adjust melodies to the song and play these in a way in which it does MvdK Smile

MvdK has talent yes. Although he took somethings off here and there to reach pop charts. That's what he did and most pop artists 'steal' from the underground . Are they a good example? Something for many people to think about. I'm staying out of it I got my own stuff to think and work about. All that I can say is that in my case I know the way I work. Other Artists in the community and the public give me incentive to come up with new tracks as I give back to them. But never going to 'backstab' them and 'steal' a melody . That's really low and disrespectful. Certainly not me. I let other artists answer this by themselves aswel as Michiel. But nothing is going to change the fact music he made hit me as a kid and I had no knowledge of this . Like I said i'm ok with Michiel I move on and ofc i love his music . Wink

For new artists : Use your imagination for the content in the melodies! That's what space synth is all about! Smile
It's a good thing for the community to discuss this and express their own views. Exclamation Magic Cracker!

The thing is i now didnt complain about Michiel this time i actually spoke to Erik and they got the message so im happy about them. What they will do from now on is their own responsibility and same applies to others that will follow that past example. Responsibility for their own actions.
Some things evolve with time some others never will change. No matter what i'm happy and way over this by now.

I'm just going to stay positive and throwing all this behind my back. Smile Robot Robot

Looking forward to New SpaceSynth Music. Magic Cracker! Smile

YOU ARE THE WINNER!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: