This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #23364
1. Used machine translation , I hope will understand Smile
2. The analysis is performed only on the data available
------------------------------------------------------------------

"SpaceSynth: Research" (Small)

It all started with the fact that on one Spacesynth forum, someone asked the name of the author of the project called L *****.
All songs of the project were aged several years. New tracks from the project was not. And those old songs were very much good quality. I wondered who the author ....
We climbed into the Internet to find information easily thinking who is this mysterious composer.
But here it was not so easy. Only a few found in networking still managed to track down the author.
The man turned out to spacesynth cooled and switched entirely to a different music. More even longer to the music, and politics. This was evident from his personal page on the social network. Sometimes it turns out and such. But that is another story.
We got the information of interest to us. Good once a project that will not have to continue finally found the author's name .....
After this story wanted to find a resource where you can see who is the author of a particular composition.
For in one place was more or less a complete catalog of projects so nothing was found. Only the different pieces, then one, then on another site.
Can of course I was looking for is not there. But on the Internet it was found two more or less detailed list and another list sent me Pavel.K .
On the basis of these sources, plus the site's directory and directories Spacesynth.net several sites were compiled two lists:

1. The first list where have all the data: the name of the author (or authors) and the country.
"SpaceSynth: PROJECTS and AUTHORS"
2. The second list includes projects for which some information is missing.
"SpaceSynth: PROJECTS with UNKNOWN AUTHORS"

I would certainly still make links to Web sites of authors and their pages in social networks, but tried to open sites - Page several projects that have worked a few years ago, I was disappointed. At best, the page has not been updated for a long time.
At worst - do not exist. And after a couple of years ago, the pages were available.
Ps As will be time to work sites (pages in social networks) will also be added ..
So, all of the data collected and it became possible to carry out a small research.

------------------------------------------------
The analysis was performed only on the list of projects for which all data are available. Ie analyzed projects that have
We know the name of the author (s) and the country, where the composer or composers, if several authors.
IMPORTANT! Many projects because of missing data (do not know the author and country of residence) are not analyzed.
Therefore, it is actually can be quite different. As finding the missing data, the situation is of course
may change. Change may be in the future, let's see what picture emerges today.
Who are all the same "moves" with the style space called "Spacesynth" ...
What do the numbers mean? Smile

The list of where all the data known projects numbered 228 projects. In the second list, wherein there are no data that is now 172 project.
Well, that projects with missing data still less. I hope that over time many projects are still in the first list will be transferred when the data on these projects will be announced.
Summarizing 228 and 172, it was exactly 400 speyssint projects.
Thus in SpaceSynth already at least 400 projects. In fact, they are certainly more, just not yet recalled.

... Again! We analyze only 228 projects with known data.
Of 228 projects have projects and the authors of single projects, in which the music is written together - several composers.
It is a few composers, and not a project in which a composer and performer has a vocalist.
Projects with vocalists consider projects of the author, because the composer is still one.
So, the joint project of several composers were numbered as many as 33 pieces of 228 projects. Probably not too little.
But still greater composers write alone or release solo projects. The solo project of 195 units.

Let's now look at projects from which countries made the list.
27 countries made the list. Among them ahead by a large margin from the rest of the 6 countries. It:
Germany - 19 projects
Sweden & Netherlands on 25 projects each,
Russia - 30 projects
Poland - 34 projects,
And the undisputed leader - Finland.
Finland - 41 projects.

In these six countries, the project is written 174. In the remaining 21 countries only written 54 projects. (228-174)
Thus one can say which countries are the basis of style.
Yes, in other countries, so the same is written Spacesynth great music Smile, only smaller.

The number of countries we have found. Now let's see how many composers wrote these 228 projects. So, in these 27 countries live
165 composers Spacesynth style.

By number of distinguished composers of 9 countries: Finland, Poland, Russia, Holland, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Hungary and Italy.
Again Finland wins.
Now, separately for each country:
Finland - 27 composers
Poland and Russia - for 24 composer
Netherlands - 17 composers,
Sweden - 16
Germany - 12,
Hungary & Italy for eight,
and
Switzerland - 6

In the nine countries lives of 165 142 composers.

It now remains to see who the composers created many projects. Number of course, does not mean quality. On the other hand is an indicator of labor too. It is one thing to create a project, and the other to create five or more. I think a lot more effort.
And then in my opinion more than fair. See for yourself Smile

Podium is occupied by the number of projects:
3rd place was taken by two (5 projects):
Mika Torvinen (Mika Thorwine):
Cajo, Mike H., Viima, Space Garden, The Digital Jupiter
and
Marco Rochowski:
Energon, Macrocosm, Parsec One, Retronic Voice and the author: Marco Rochowski

2nd place also went to two of them (6 projects):
Lauri Turjansalo (LauriT):
Cirdan, CnC, Lauri Turjansalo (LauriT), Paradise Dreams, QSO and Dreamtime
and
Humphrey Robertson:
Based On Bass, Ciber People, DayLight, Future Space, Hypsomatic, Hypnosis

"Best of The Best" - Michiel van der Kuy:
Area 51, Attack, Claudia T., Gina, Kozmoz, Koto, LA Style, LaserDance, Perestroika Power, Power Machine, Proxyon, Run 2, Sauvage and Rygar.

Michiel van der Kuy - in the list of 14 projects created by him. I think that's not all his Spacesynth projects. But it is not so important.
Man legend.
Thanks to him !
Thank you to all the composers style, too Smile
--------
These are the details ...

Sergei "Aveiro" 2015

Last edited by SpaceAveiro on 2015-10-07, 20:15; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #23367
nice analyst! highly appreciated!
count me in! i'm super-small indie,often release stuff on soundcloud,newground for free download under digital format Smile

i know there are some producers from china making spacesynth....i will do some research and get back to you with some valuable datas!

it's good to see spacesynth is getting some attentions in Asia!

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #23403
KoolKool wrote:
count me in! i'm super-small indie,often release stuff on soundcloud,newground for free download under digital format Smile

i know there are some producers from china making spacesynth....i will do some research and get back to you with some valuable datas!

I listen to your tracks - a decent SpaceSynth! Smile How will the time it is necessary to add you to the list of composers. Oh, and about SpaceSynth in Asia is very interesting . And then just Amateras presented ...

Post Post #23404
SpaceAveiro wrote:

I listen to your tracks - a decent SpaceSynth! Smile How will the time it is necessary to add you to the list of composers. Oh, and about SpaceSynth in Asia is very interesting . And then just Amateras presented ...

oh..okay!

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #24189
make it larger

EDIT:
SpaceAveiro wrote:
KoolKool wrote:

and yes i wish to be added to the database

DOS PROGRAMMERc=HAPPYDAYZ

c:/FORMAT sidCHIP IN PROGRESS.........
MISSION COMPLETE . CONGRATULATIONS
YOU ARE THE WINNER!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: