This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #25281
why not be like "spacesynth revolutions"? vol 1 to me is huge success,i wonder when will the vol 2 will be released!

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #25288
KoolKool wrote:
why not be like "spacesynth revolutions"? vol 1 to me is huge success,i wonder when will the vol 2 will be released!

But why not others make releases ... "like spacesynth revolutions"? Yes, yes, why they dont do that, what do You think?

There will be no vol. 2. as the Alphacentauri has closed down long time ago and there will not be new releases. Only webshop is/was active still.

But perhaps it does not matter?
I see that there are many new releases released every year in spacesynth after the bandcamp arrived. Many many new unknown names appear with selfrelease, put tracks together, also the price sticker and voila! new album release instantly. Smile
So, the scene has actually much better time than before compared to that.
However it is interesting that all those are not on physical medium and counted up in spacesynth.net releases or news. Very Happy If those would be counted as releases too, then we would have every week 5 of new singles and 2 LPs Very Happy So, scene is more than alive, well.
SO, it is strange that someone says that "SSR's free continuos impressive effort to keep the scene alive" as there are many other labels and releases and contributors as well coming instantly. Wink (sarcastic mode off)

So, do you feel too that something is missing, despite about these times of abundance? Wink

Post Post #25289
I have long thought about the words of sx001.
Of course, there is truth. For example, I sometimes listen to the New Italo Disco, there is also no such diverse and interesting tunes that were in the mid-80s. Spacesynth also basically became poppy. I miss the depth of tunes that were in the 200's. But not all. I like the finnish Spacesynth. What does not come out - interesting. Then, the border style is very wide. Initially, it was synth + melodies of the same Italo Disco. And now with one hand, trans, on the other side of the electronics, the third Retrowave .. Space is quite wrong, in the view. Anything With regard to new discs and compilations if wish all easily done if the authors of give consent. Themselves are going collection and release. The main desire. Smile

Post Post #25291
I think that now it would be very much help if the releases are what artists should pay yourself too from their pockets. Well ... Everyone can establish their own label and say it is a "digital release", with zero cost and result is 100 crappy albums in a week. But if it makes to think that "Are all these tracks so good that it is worth 500 EUR for each album?" then I guess many think twice before making a pressplant master. So it would be some sort of filter atleast.

Also, arent we become very touchy about critics?
Come on, if I would establish label with CD, vinyl AND also tape release then, come on, how many would not be touchy to hear that their music needs more effort here and there, but it is not good enough to be released?! (Yes, there ARE those who release even on tape Wink analogyrecords.org for example Wink

Also, I have romantic thoughts that "just put the nice music on CD and people will buy", but but spacesynth listeners love the spacesynth only at the point when they have to pay for it.

How many members here remember the 2000-s actually? MOst of them just left the forum when getting tired or I hear some tunes like "I am a space hacker and my track is a cracker", like I heard back on 2006... And no critical minds left who reminds that the main thing in spacesynth is a melody, not arpeggios or rhytm.
I said at 2006 myself too that I wont mind to hear "Around the Planet 2" like album, BUT back on those days those who were cloning, were really capable of doing it properly.
But now newcomers who make the LD-cloning have forgot that the main thing in spacesynth is the melody.

Post Post #25293
sx001 wrote:
There will be no vol. 2. as the Alphacentauri has closed down long time ago and there will not be new releases. Only webshop is/was active still.

Jouni can always take his next compilation project to different label or release it himself. After 17 years or so, I think I've done enough as a spacesynth label to be allowed to retire... Wink Besides, no business can operate at a loss forever. I still sell CDs via distributors as you said. I am here nowadays in different capacity - as a spacesynth fan and as an amateur musician. The "label" period in my life is closed.

sx001 wrote:
I see that there are many new releases released every year in spacesynth after the bandcamp arrived. Many many new unknown names appear with selfrelease, put tracks together, also the price sticker and voila! new album release instantly. Smile
So, the scene has actually much better time than before compared to that.
However it is interesting that all those are not on physical medium and counted up in spacesynth.net releases or news. Very Happy If those would be counted as releases too, then we would have every week 5 of new singles and 2 LPs Very Happy So, scene is more than alive, well.

You see, what you consider a nuisance, I percept as the ultimate artistic freedom (which, by the way I predicted to be happening several years ago). One does not need label anymore (although they can go there, should they choose so) and if the music is good - people will cherish it and some might even buy it Surprised

I listen to a lot of new spacesynth projects on the net and some are really good, IMHO.

I see this proliferation of self released artists as a good thing and as a sort of testing ground for artists. Many new artists will publish crap music and people will just move on. Sometimes, however - there will be new project or artist who actually makes something interesting. And people will follow this project and vote with their money (or with "likes", whatever).

So yes, SSR is the only "traditional" spacesynth label left and yes, it should be respected for this. I might have not always seen "eye to eye" with Marek, but he is doing good job for the genre and he is publishing free music every year. I've been doing some free megamixes back in AXIS and Alpha Centauri and I know that organising this kind of release is tremendous undertaking.

I've listened to Space Holidays Vol.8 at the gym today and a week ago and I think at least one third of tracks are really good. One third is the usual LD copycats and the rest is not worth mentioning. Just my personal opinion as a spacesynth fan.

However, what it means to me is that I have at least 10-15 new spacesynth tracks which are great and fresh and I've got those for free. I'm not sure what's not to like here... Confused

Anyway, I will do my best to be more active on this forum (and on Spacesynth Producers Facebook Group, which I am now a member of). Last few years was quite busy for me, buying and selling house, moving to bigger city, changing job, buying new house, etc. All is settled down now and I finally have some free time for my hobbies, including spacesynth. Very Happy

Regards,

Maciej

Post Post #25295
Binary Ghost wrote:

You see, what you consider a nuisance, I percept as the ultimate artistic freedom (which, by the way I predicted to be happening several years ago). One does not need label anymore (although they can go there, should they choose so) and if the music is good - people will cherish it and some might even buy it Surprised

freedom for publishing, "yeah"...

But at the same time every spacesynth release is not mentioned in the news corner at spacesynth.net. Very Happy So much about freedom.

Post Post #25296
Quote:

Anyway, I will do my best to be more active on this forum (and on Spacesynth Producers Facebook Group, which I am now a

hehe... Very Happy the rest of us leave silently and not even making tracks like "spacehacker" (what was it with lyrics "I am a space hacker and my track is a cracker" ?) ...

About that You liked that spaceholidays vol. 8. Good for You. You liked the Laserdance last release too Wink

My second thought about that -- Michiel tried to use name and established fanbase this time (e.g. "they buy it becouse it is THE Laserdance"). Thats exactly what happened 15 years ago as AREA51, but this time it was Laserdance and the Michiel did it at his own cloners level instead.

Quote:

Last few years was quite busy for me, buying and selling house, moving to bigger city, changing job, buying new house, etc.

wow, are the spacesynth sales actually so good? Wink (just joking and hilarious).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: