This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #15006
I've been recently watching a lot of science documentaries, mostly about astronomy. It's good to have some visualizations when describing subjects that my small brains are having problems to understand (such as quantum mechanics).

Here are some documentaries I'd like to recommend. Please post in this thread if you know there's something else worth watching.

Everything and Nothing - two-part BBC documentary that asks two principle questions, what is everything and what is nothing? Very interesting. Gets more challenging in the 2nd part where quantum mechanics is explained.

Wonders of the Universe - Brand new four-part BBC documentary hosted by Brian Cox. Very entertaining and visually amazing.

Horizon: What Happened Before the Big Bang? - Another BBC production. Different mindboggling theories about the Big Bang and what was before that.

Master Droid

Post Post #15008
Not exactly same thing, but I recommend Steven Hawking's The Universe in a Nutshell book. Very good book on theories and the one I read was very well visualized and easy to read.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #15013
Maybe more science faction, than science fiction, but I'm a big fan of David Attenborough and that is another story... Wink

Instead, here is a beautiful and alarming environmental document about our home planet. "Home" directed by Yann Arthus-Bertrand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #15026
Here's another good one:

Journey to the Edge of the Universe

A journey through cosmos. Completely CGI driven visual bliss. Narrated by Alec Baldwin.

Post Post #15050
I've seen a BBC production called "Space" narrated by Sam Neill. It was really good!
http://www.xpanderland.com/

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #15602
Through the Wormhole is a pretty good science series hosted by Morgan Freeman. Currently two seasons have been aired. Every episode focuses on one scientific dilemma such as Is Time Travel Possible?, Is There a Sixth Sense? or What Do Aliens Look Like?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: