This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #1205
Anyone seen this movie? It's based on novel by H.G. Wells.

I think it was pretty good. Story is a little bit similar to Independence Day but the movie itself is much better. Quite dark and desperate actually. It's certainly a movie to see in a theatre because special fx are playing an important role.

Last edited by LauriT on 2005-07-12, 16:53; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #1206
Haven't seen the movie but I've got the CD's of the Jeff Wayne'S Musical of War of the World's. Pretty awesome music in cosmic style, I just love those cello's in title song.

Post Post #1207
I actually think that this movie is not good. It wasn't really anything else than aliens chasing people. And I was really disapointed about those alien warcrafts. It would have taken hundred years to slay the whole world that way (unless there were millions of those). Anyway.. I rather watch Independence Day.

Post Post #1208
Please don't make the spoilers visible.

Post Post #1209
LauriT wrote:
Story is a little bit similar to Independence Day

Actually, "Independence Day" is unofficially based on "The War of the Worlds" by H.G. Wells. Similarities are too obvious, to presumed, that Devlin and Emmerich, creators of "ID4", wrote the script by their own, unique concept.

Post Post #1210
i saw this movie today. was nice. sound was super. what i don't like too mush "action" movement. only running. but i like that there wasn't such stupit "superman" ideas and not such stupid things like in "Independence Day" - aliens which use Windows Os. but i also don't like ending. that "happy" final shot of all family

Post Post #1211
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :[

Post Post #1212
klajunas wrote:
what i don't like too mush "action" movement. only running.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. Nevertheless I think the actors were great and of course the special effects were awesome. But imagine watching War of the Worlds on TV; there wouldn't be much in it.

The next movie I'm planning to watch is Batman Begins. Smile I'm not having too much expectations but it's a must-see for me since the first two Batman-movies are two of my favourite action movies. Batman Forever is also good but I don't like the next one at all (Batgirl was an idea from an ass).

Post Post #1213
i recomend read Christopher Priest "The space machine" 1981. he's little interpreting "War of the world" very nice book

Post Post #1264
I've watched this one at last, too. Imust say I was very dissapointed. While the beginnign was pretty good and made me curius what will happen next, the quality of the movie was falling down exponentially. Waste of time.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: