This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Master Droid

Post Post #17094
Most of spacesynth dwellers remember article in wikipedia about spacesynth genre but if you type word "spacesynth" in wikipedia or search through google you will find articles written in Russian, Polish and Suomi language only - thou they are just notes and doesn't provide encyclopedic information. Instead of real spacesynth article we have "Space Disco". But content provided by this genre has only word "Space" and "Synthesizer" that is common to our music and nothing else. - yes we have disco elements but not all - would you call "Protonic Storm" space disco? I guess not. I don't think that spacesynth is subgenre of space disco - it's rather vice versa. What we really need is article of high quality that completely describes this genre in general. Doing this will unofficially recognize spacesynth existance.

So dear Spacers,

Anyone who is interested in further genre development can take part in spacesynth article formation.

I've been talking to several people about this. ST Arts assumed that reason for article collapse was that main info of former article was copied from spacesynth.net. So we need unique information. Our genre has enough releases and history plus decent audience. These are the main reasons for genre existence in general and existence as article in wikipedia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article Structure:
1) Intro
- A short brief information about what it is, years etc. Perhaps we can mention origin of this word - besides who created it?

2) Features/Characteristics
- What differs our space music from other electronic stuff? Main features. Then short info about legendary LD bass with embed video. Traditional/Progressive spacesynth. Laserdance/Italo Disco/Demoscene spacesynth styles. Synthesizers used in etc.

3) History
- Here comes sweet stuff. We can mention our venture "Space Disco" as our good ole pal. Origin of music, talk about Vangelis, Jarre, Space and other similar artists. Then move to info that is mentioned in "what is spacesynth" article from this site. Decent text about Laserdance/Koto as main father of this genre. Then tell about artists a bit. Mention labels, a bit of forum history, Hypersound incident, SSR/AC and todays facts. We'll put videos/audio samples everywhere. Also mention our radio stations (Magic Beat/ Laserbeat FM...)etc

- We can add other category "Spacesynth.net". Mention it as mecca for all spacesynth lovers, move forum history here and tell something interesting.

4) Artists
- Basically list of artists from discography.

5) Links
- N/C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All suggestions are welcomed and what most is welcomed if you, dear spacesynther, will take part in article development. Soooo.... whoz in fellaz?

EDIT: Not to confuse anybody but it's whe who will write article.

Last edited by Neuton Mouse on 2012-11-09, 0:21; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #17095
at Neuton Mouse
4) Artists

i think there should be all spacesynth acts!

Master Droid

Post Post #17096
What you mean? Free project too?
Without doubts they should be.

I didn't said it quite right then.

Post Post #17097
If you want to make an article about music genre, look at the other articles on Wikipedia, often made by professional journalists. You will not find a full lists of producers of give genre, only the most prominent ones.
Such article should be made by fan, enthusiast with journalistic skills, not a producer who just wants (or wishes to) to get himself listed ("look mom I'm in Wikipedia"), so in order to be excused, he lists everyone. I know it's a heavy opinion, but you must put egoism aside. Common sense at everything, otherwise such article will not be treated as professional. Think about average visitor, who just want to check what's the deal with this spacesynth music - is he interested in full list of producers and wanna-be producers? He gives a sh*t. Pick few, but not all of them.
I know I shouldn't be the one to say what I've just said, but I just want you to be reasonable, so the article will be a quality work.

Master Droid

Post Post #17098
Krizz,

I got the point how you understood this idea.

Interesting how you made assumption. Assuming that some young wimp that came up with "cunning idea" to get himself listed there is really very primitive move. Perhaps you can also suppose that i'm writing all the posts because of upcoming release of mine? By same logic i can say "...Some experienced producer who reads naive ideas and want's to write such statement that this is a heavy job showing himself "Uncle Ben that points kids not to be naughty". I know it's a heavy opinion, but you must put arrogance aside...". You don't know me well so please don't make conclusions based on popular psychology.

This is cooperative idea proposition not solo thing. I can't do so alone i suggested it for everyone - we do it together. A structure is proposed but not "100% plan". That's what forum is for, for discussion! If i really would want to do what you said - i'd do it without discussing or asking somebody's opinion. Maybe then it will be egoistic. Don't you think?

I understand that this is really exhausting idea and perhaps not worthy to spend time on because of low results. Let's move personalities into shadows and just accept the fact that there is really ambitious idea to do something without individual profit. It's that hard to believe?

Besides, we can hire journalist of high quality for decent sum of money from USA to write professional article.

Post Post #17099
Sounds like a hell of a good idea. In regards to 4) Artists, why not have a brief description detailing prominent spacesynth folks and then have a link to the Discography page up here at spacesynth.net? Unless there's a way to link all those works and more efficiently to wikipedia, especially with new artists coming in every so often.

Post Post #17101
Neuton Mouse wrote:
Interesting how you made assumption. Assuming that some young wimp that came up with "cunning idea" to get himself listed there is really very primitive move.

It would indeed be. But I'm not against making quality article about ss, it's a very good idea. I'm against making a list of all producers there. Look at the other articles about genres.

Neuton Mouse wrote:
Perhaps you can also suppose that i'm writing all the posts because of upcoming release of mine?

No, actually I didn't have you on my mind. You're not wanna-be producer. I apologize for this misunderstanding.

Neuton Mouse wrote:
By same logic i can say "...Some experienced producer who reads naive ideas and want's to write such statement that this is a heavy job showing himself "Uncle Ben that points kids not to be naughty". I know it's a heavy opinion, but you must put arrogance aside..."

That's not up to me and shouldn't be up to me if I'm listed in such article or not. That's why I said such article shouldn't me written by a producer, because egoism and arrogance will be difficult to dodge. The problem is - who should make decision about listing this one and not another producer? There is no good answer. Listing all of them sounds like a consensus, but it would leave a lot to desire about quality of an article.

Neuton Mouse wrote:
This is cooperative idea proposition not solo thing. I can't do so alone i suggested it for everyone - we do it together. A structure is proposed but not "100% plan". That's what forum is for, for discussion!

So here you go with my opinion. I just want you to know there are different opinions about this matter, but it shouldn't be us to choose which approach is more suitable.

Neuton Mouse wrote:
I understand that this is really exhausting idea and perhaps not worthy to spend time on because of low results. Let's move personalities into shadows and just accept the fact that there is really ambitious idea to do something without individual profit.

I suggest to leave subject of listing producers for a later time.

Last edited by Krizz on 2012-11-09, 16:29; edited 1 time in total

Master Droid

Post Post #17103
Well, now it's constructive post.
This is all about article itself and not who is and who is not the producer etc.

Actually i saw a lot of average music articles with artists lists but articles like about, for example, Progressive Rock doesn't as you said show them. But since the deal is about high quality article we'll cover it later. Or perhaps for avoiding further doubts we can actually exclude it.

But usually wikipedia has articles like these and can be used as idea/template:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_progressive_rock_(2010–2019)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ambient_artists

This means we can include another list article into main providing link at the end; But this is still covered with doubts - each ambient artist has his own wiki page unlike us. Overall, personally I agree with artist list delay.

Before article's publishing in wikipedia - it'll be published here in this topic for opinions/criticism so there's no need to worry about it.

-----------------------------
Let's discuss article development step by step. For first we should cover Intro section. What should we include here apart from genre definition? Besides, who came up with word "spacesynth" that describes our genre? What are stylistic origins or the genre?

PS: We'll think it later who will write it, but first we need material plus things to discuss.

Post Post #17104
Neuton Mouse wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ambient_artists

This is an example of lame article. Not only it contains names that shouldn't be there (Like JMJ, Ulrich Schnauss, Shpongle, Shulman, Gandalf to name a few) as well as it lacks of prominent ambient artists (Oöphoi , Coil, Hemisphere, Kammarheit, Rapoon...). It only shows that making such list is not only unprofessional, but also pointless due to unfeasibility.

Master Droid

Post Post #17116
Mmm... okay.

Anyone else wants to share some thougts about this or general situation?
Just Krizz and Cu-Roi? C'mon...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: