This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #17208
Who is using or thinking about installing Windows 8?

Master Droid

Post Post #17209
Interesting question... i still sit on XP and totally happy ;D
Don't think it's worth updating.

Post Post #17210
Windows 8 seem to have some nice operating system features compared to Windows 7 so I'll be trying to read about it. Still on Mac OS X here and I have no intention of switching to the dark side Wink
http://www.xpanderland.com/

Post Post #17212
OSX Here. Switched from Win7 1,5 years ago and am never coming back Smile
I heard that it runs really well on older hardware though.

Post Post #17215
With the new cubase7 (release date 5dec) - i am switching to win8................. koto mode on don't be afraid, don't be afraid Smile

Post Post #17218
OSX here as well. I switched to Macs 7 years ago and I'm very happy with the platform. Smile Though, I am jealous of the greater variety in music tools on the Windows side, mostly freeware.

Post Post #17219
David wrote:
Still on Mac OS X here and I have no intention of switching to the dark side Wink

I'm finding pretty ironic you call Windows a "dark side" comparing it to Apple's product. Even though MS never had good reputation among advanced users (and still doesn't), Apple undoubtedly surpassed MS in this matter within last few years.

When it comes to me, I'm on Win7 only because it's a WORKING 64-bit system unlike Windows XP 64-bit edition, and has built-in support for SSD's (what doesn't mean WinXP cannot be forced to work with them, too). If not these, I'd still be on WinXP. Seriously.
I find unsetting that in the course of time work quality of programmers, not only in MS, becomes lower and lower. I'm not sure why is it happening but apps are becoming less stable, less thought-out, less effective. Is it the result of pressure of the directors who obey to the rule "release earlier, fix later" and "piss on details average users will never notice"? I'm having such impression. Windows 7 is definitely fitting this description. And Windows 8? If you're into spending quite the money for a product that will let you start an app by clicking on huge tile instead of icon, go on, be my guest. Win8 was made for touch devices, and I find reasonable to put it there. But not on mouse-driven desktops.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: