This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #17263
Wow, another American spacesynth fan named Sarah! What are the chances??? I keep wanting to meet other people here who like spacesynth, but alas...it's America.

I do agree that a lot of the stuff that seems to have been happening to me recently is really cool. However, in many ways I feel like my aspirations are working out TOO well. This sounds like a brag, but honestly, consistently getting exposed to all of this amazing stuff js starting to mess with my head a little. I feel like I'm starting to lose touch with reality. Like....what is reality? I certainly wouldn't have considered any of this stuff remotely close to realistic two years ago. Have I broken reality? I almost feel like I'm wishing things into existence, but I know that can't be true.........can it?

Argh.

Oh well! You guys want to hear some more cool space stories?

A few months back, Bob the Shuttle Launch Director invited me to a formal Space Ball at the Kennedy Space Center. Yes, a formal Space Ball. The 50th anniversary celebration of KSC. It was at the Saturn V Center, which is right next to the launch pad. It's where all the astronauts' families watch the launches. Anyway, it houses a Saturn V moon rocket on display, suspended from the ceiling horizontally about 15 feet up. They had orderve stations throughout the building, and about half way through the night one of them burst into a raging 4ft grease flame. BENEATH THE SATURN V ROCKET. (Thankfully the rocket is thoroughly decommissioned...)

Lesson learned --When you go to NASA parties, things catch on fire. Wink

Also, at this ball, I met four astronauts, one from Apollo, as well as the Director of the Kennedy Space Center, and the nation-wide Administrator of NASA. They shook my hand and thanked me for my services. I mean, I'm sure it was just a formality....but regardless...

Do you see why I question reality?

Post Post #17264
TD Mak wrote:
Another American spacesynth fan named Sarah

Let me specify: another American fan. I guess that you both (excluding SSR owner, M. Kołodyński, who lives in USA, but is Polish) are the only American members here (at least I'm not aware about anyone else). It is intriguing you both are women, leave alone sharing the first name...

Anyway, welcome, Sarah Smile

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #17265
If you look at the memberlist we have at least 10 members from the USA. Most of them are not very active though.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #17266
Canaveral wrote:
Italopal --what is the name of the second to last song on your 30/11/2012 broadcast?

I presume you mean the female vocal song there; that's a Norwegian act; "Minnie-Oh - You and I". I'm glad you like it Smile And of course, I now realized which Sarah you are, I'm in a haze these days Embarassed

At least Carlos (Axis Mundi) is from the USA, along with some others I'm too hazy to remember the names of Wink Axis Mundi has been making a lot of very interesting 'Italo Eurobeat' and spacesynth on his label lately, you may listen to some of that stuff here:
https://soundcloud.com/stkthree03

Post Post #17267
LauriT wrote:
If you look at the memberlist we have at least 10 members from the USA. Most of them are not very active though.

As you've said, they are not active. Could be as well abandoned. Member is a person that is active in some degree.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #17268
Krizz wrote:
LauriT wrote:

As you've said, they are not active. Could be as well abandoned. Member is a person that is active in some degree.

Yep thats the nature of a forum, most are lurking. I remember Georgi and Digimax being more active US members.

Post Post #17269
I think that in general, here in the U.S., more girls are avid listeners of electronica than guys are. Not really sure why that is. It's theopppsite in Europe right?

Post Post #17270
Canaveral wrote:
I think that in general, here in the U.S., more girls are avid listeners of electronica than guys are. Not really sure why that is. It's theopppsite in Europe right?

Exactly.

Post Post #17271
Oh hell, LauriT --I just realized you're Dreamtime. Love your stuff! Smile You're one of my favorite artists.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #17272
Canaveral wrote:
Oh hell, LauriT --I just realized you're Dreamtime. Love your stuff! Smile You're one of my favorite artists.

Thanks Smile
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: