This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #17475
Available now through Bandcamp and CDbaby and published by the lovely people at Audio Visual Algebra: The first full length album from Mechanical Principle "Voyager".

In a few days it will be available through iTunes, Spotify - you name it!

Preorders for the limited edition CD are taken now Smile The CD will also be available through Melody Maker.

http://mechanicalprinciple.bandcamp.com/album/voyager

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #17476
Congratulations!

The album is now on our database:

http://www.spacesynth.net/Artist/MechanicalPrinciple/Voyager

Post Post #17477
Thanks!!!

Master Droid

Post Post #17494
Eeh... I hate to be negative, but I'm kind of surprised you're selling this. The first track alone has a number of off-key and unpleasant-sounding spots. There are some interesting ideas in the album (for example even in the middle of the first track, also "Voyager", opening of "Closing In", ), but I would tweak them to sound less dissonant and to work together better. Maybe also add more "B" parts to "A" melodies that play a lot in the tracks.

Post Post #17496
Smile
i agree with TD Mak. you should remake this album cause of some note mistakes.

but never give up to make such music

Wink

Post Post #17519
TD Mak wrote:
Eeh... I hate to be negative, but I'm kind of surprised you're selling this. The first track alone has a number of off-key and unpleasant-sounding spots. There are some interesting ideas in the album (for example even in the middle of the first track, also "Voyager", opening of "Closing In", ), but I would tweak them to sound less dissonant and to work together better. Maybe also add more "B" parts to "A" melodies that play a lot in the tracks.

Well, thank you.

I guess the record label and the buyers disagrees with you Smile

Post Post #17520
Wavestation wrote:
Smile
i agree with TD Mak. you should remake this album cause of some note mistakes.

but never give up to make such music

Wink

Your mistake may be my conscious decision.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #17530
When the album is out, it is a subject for evaluation. Artists just has to deal with it. The good feedback is constructive, and TD Mak gave one. I mostly agree with her. I'm not a fan of all of your melodic decisions (I fancy melodic harmonies), but I think the album is soundwise okay, the rhythmic patterns are nice and the atmosphere is quite interesting. What comes to selling the album, people can have surprisingly different opinions and taste, so it is up to them whether it is "worth it". Technically lots of disharmonies (or off-keys) are considered to be more as a failure in people's ears, so it is a risky area to go there if one waits for positive feedback. Good thing about Bandcamp is the music is freely listenable throughout before decision making. Overall, I think there is not enough feedback on music anyway.

Post Post #17532
ST Arts wrote:
Overall, I think there is not enough feedback on music anyway.

Agreed. Unfortunately MP's album is so bad to my ears, that TD Mak's quick review would be quite mild if I was into writing something about it. Sorry, I'd rather leave it alone.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: