This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #17545
SPACIONOT release

I'm very happy to present you my new space-disco, Hi-energy track.
Spirit of the eighties with a modern sound.

Inspiration comes from the past but also from recent artists such as Galaxion,
Dreamtime, Italo4ever and of course from Trans-X (Pascal Languirand)

The video features Sci-Fi artworks from unknown planets and galaxies.......

The track is available (free) from my website (wav and Mp3) as well as the artwork (big size)

Youtube Video ==>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLmpKAyqPMU

Download link http://www.colaverde.com/spacionot

Post Post #17546
Not quite spacesynth. Drums hardly heard. Mixing requires a lot of work. Quite messy and boring composition.
I gave a listen to other free tracks, and they seem quite decent, but have nothing to do with spacesynth.

Post Post #17547
Thanks for your comment Krizz.

About the mix.....As you say, my other mix are "decent" and I feel this one is different but not at all inferior.
The mediums frequencies are quite busy and warm but not "meesy".

At least, you seem to recognize my track is not so far from space-synth compared to my other works.

I'd like to have more feedbacks because it is very subjective how people feel the sound and music.

Post Post #17548
What I mean is that if you promote your music on website like this, it must bear at least some marks of spacesynth music. But it doesn't. I actually feel nothing of 80's about it. My comment would have been different if you weren't promoting your track as "new space-disco, Hi-energy track. Spirit of the eighties with a modern sound". When you're starting like this, you're shaping my expectations about the music a priori. I'm listening to a track looking for those marks you've suggested. When those marks are not received, don't expect nothing but a negative comment.

Post Post #17550
I understand your point though I really had "space-synth" in mind while mixing this song. As I stated, it's a modern (and personal) view of what space-synth is. I think the main synth line fits this style while the chorus synth is very Italo-disco and the bassline is Hi-energy.

You know sometimes people are very conservative and don't like what's new.
Will space synth sound forever as it was produced in 1980 ???
Some will find Italo4ever or Galaxion new productions too techno for exemple.....

Any thoughts people ????

Post Post #17551
I think that people have their own definition of what spacesynth should be. To me, the melodies and the sounds are what defines a track as spacesynth. The sounds don't necessarily need to be 80s based, but the melodies need to be interesting and engaging and there need to be at least 4 of them. Your track has the sounds, but it lacks the melodies and variation that make spacesyhtn sound as such. There is only a couple of melodies in this production and they are very simple, made of just a few notes and very repetitive. The bass line follows the same pattern, mostly, throughout the entire track. To be more specific, the notes played by the bass are the same ones throughout most of the track never going up or down the scale for variation.

To be fair though, in your original post, you never mentioned this being a spacesynth track. You simple posted it in a spacesynth forum. I think it does sound like space disco, but I don't think it sounds high energy at all. And while I don't love it, I don't hate it either. I think it's interesting and I can appreciate it for what it is and not for what it isn't.

Keep in mind that my opinion is just that, my own. I think others will have their own definition of what this genre should sound like, but at the very least, you got someone else's take on the subject. I also think that there is an audience that will like your track, but if you don't hear positive feedback, don't get discouraged. Positive or negative feedback is better than no feedback at all.

Cheers,
Miguel

Post Post #17553
Colaverde wrote:
You know sometimes people are very conservative and don't like what's new.
Will space synth sound forever as it was produced in 1980 ???.

I know it better than you suspect. I'm always open for progressive spacesynth style, more than traditional. But still, there are borders music must stay within in order to be called spacesynth. You cannot compose something like "Gangnam style" and claim it's a new spacesynth, just because there are synths lines, dance drum patterns, and it's energetic.
Your music is simply electronic music to me, but it doesn't bear enough elements required to call certain music "spacesynth".

Master Droid

Post Post #17554
I have to agree with the guys - as electronic music this is good but not good for spacesynth in melody-wise basis. It's sure is indeed that everyone has their own view on spacesynth genre but melodies, multiple and not exaclty that simple, is the kernel of this genre.

Post Post #17556
Your feedbacks are much appreciated !!!!
I plan to re-mix this track in the near future and will surely release a more "evolutive" version
as I have many unused patterns and variations already recorded for this song.
I wanted to keep it very simple for this first version to fit the usual 3"30 radio timing.
I also take Krizz' comment into account and will probably offer a new version
to download with more sharpness in the rythm sounds. In fact, the global reverberation effect applied
during mastering makes the drums slightly blury.

I may MP you before the remix' release to collect opinions.
By the while I was happily surprised to receive a download request from
an e-mail box ending by: @spacesynth.net wich means that some staff from spacesynth.net enjoyed the track.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: