This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Master Droid

Post Post #1738
Vocoders. Don't we all love them? Atleast when used in a good way. I've been asked several times by different artists how to make vocoders. Usually I've been told that it's hard or they cannot sing well, they don't like their own voice or some other excuse which prevents making vocoders. Another common question is which vocoder to use to get good results. I hope that we now can break some of those myths and recommend few software vocoder plugins.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #1746
This is a very good article. I like the final result that you came up with.

I still wonder how they got such nice and warm vocoder sound on the old LD-albums. Is it some magic with the DVP-1 vocoder? If so, is it the carrier or the vocoder itself? If it is the carrier, then I wonder if it is possible to export the carrier to a wav-file so that it can be used in other software vocoders ?

Master Droid

Post Post #1747
You get quite warm sound if you use real analog carrier (juno-106 is good too). I understand DVP-1 has analog carrier.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #2241
"Destiny" is to be included in your cd...? Just have to let you know that from what I hear it ROCKS BIG TIME Bulls Eye

Master Droid

Post Post #2245
Yes. The year-2005 remix of it.

Post Post #2449
New to this forum. Great stuff is happening here. Recently formed a project 'LONDON DESERT MOUNTAINS'. Not easy to find a good suitable environment/forum like this one here. Firstly for introduction, here is what cought my eye - vocoder! And of course, who doesnt like it! I have just made a track, where i tried to sqeeze some sounds out of one. Vocal (carrier) used, is same as in verse parts and the modulator is analog pad and analog string mix.
Judgement welcome (incl. negative).

Downtempo space. When you have reached the space and then everything kinda slows down...

Track is called 'Sucked Into Cyberdream'.

http://csmusic.i8.com/LDM2/SuckedIntoCyberdream.html

Post Post #2450
By the way, Mark Vera, haven't heard good stuff like you do, for some long wile.

Master Droid

Post Post #2451
Pretty nice vocoders. Not pure spacesynth that song, could work as ambiente spacesynth though! Bassline is soft and I like it.

Post Post #2452
And of course Thanks for the positive.

Post Post #2453
The vocoder in this song sounds great. That makes it a spacesynth song. The non-vocoded voice don't sound good and is very out of place. If there must be any human sounding voice, then it must be a beautiful voice. This one is to low pitched.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: