This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #2440
In the interview with Rob it was mentioned that they used samples from the Emax Core Library on the Laserdance albums. Have anyone from here got those samples? If so, are they useful and worth buying? I saw on one webpage that the Emax samples can be bought on a CD for $30. Here is the link: Emax Sample Library.

Master Droid

Post Post #2441
I got many of the EMX files on my computer, but no way to convert those into usable format or play them. Would need the hardware synth/sampler to use those.

Post Post #2443
Hello,

The majority of EMAX samples have been converted to EOS (EMU Emulator) format and were available on EOS CD-ROMs. EOS format is much more compatible this days, meaning that finding tools for converting those to WAV or AIFF format is not so difficult (Chickensys Translator or Extreme Sample Converter).

Cheers!

Maciej

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #4711
I finally found the original EMAX-I banks on the web. Here is the link, in case someone else is interested:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/synths/emax/default.htm

Now I have to find some tool to convert those files into some useful format. I wonder if the classical 'huuuh' sample could be found in those banks.

Master Droid

Post Post #4712
I downloaded file banks from that site back then we talked about this. I did quick try out and couldn't really see what was the format. Would need more investigation. Those two programs mentioned above aren't free.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #4715
Rob mentioned in the interview that the vocal effects (like the "huuuh" and "haaah") where taken from those libraries. I wonder what more of the classical Laserdance/Proxyon sounds that were taken from that library. For example, is it possible that we also can find the wellused orchestra hit, trumpet, horns, in that library ?

I assume that it is possible to find some information on the web about how these samples could be converted in a easy way. I found the link to the Emax-library on the yahoo discussion group at the following link: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/emax/
So that discussiongroup could probably include some useful information about how to convert those files.

Here is the thread about the original library banks: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/emax/message/2875

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #4719
I have tried the free version of Chicken System's Translator (here is the link: www.chickensys.com ). Unfortunally I didn't get any useful result with that tool. It could list all files inside the EM1-file, but when I tried to play the samples it sounded quite weird. Probably I did something wrong.

Post Post #4722
Quote:
is it possible that we also can find the wellused orchestra hit, trumpet, horns, in that library ?

Hello Staffan,

When I met Rob he told me that the famous trumpet sound also came from that library.
I have the banks also,but can not convert them either Mad

Greetings Jan

Post Post #4723
Oops wrong post but You understand Sleeping

Jan

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #4724
Jan wrote:
When I met Rob he told me that the famous trumpet sound also came from that library.

That makes it even more interesting. I like the trumpet-sound that he used on the Proxyon albums.

The problem that I have right now is that I can't get any output-file from that tool after pressing the Translate-button. It is written that the free-version should be able to convert the files, but it is limited to one conversion each 30 minutes.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: