This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3696
I've been lately enjoying very much this particular italo group. I don't usually listen to italo very much but I just can't resist Radiorama's fat italo sound and those simple but yet so wonderful melodies. I have their best of collection, is there some particular albums I should look into? And are there other artists who have made something as full sounding italo?

Just great, espcecially songs like Heartbraker, Yeti and Fire.

Post Post #3697
'Scotch' is also a good group to listen to.

Post Post #3698
Hello Lauri... The world of Italodisco is very extensive, and you will be able to discover many artists that can sound seemed to Radiorama, I recommend you that explore the discography as producer of Mauro Farina, specially in the '80s, I assure you that will find very similar and excellent things al Italian sound that seek.

Martinelli is a group that sounded very seemed to Radiorama if badly I do not remember.

Excusame for the bad english.

Greetings.
bazand@hotmail.com
info@zonart.com.mx
www.zonart.com.mx
m é x i c o

Post Post #3699
Albert One-For your love, Brian Ice-Talking to the night, Miko Mission-How old are you, Mozzart-Jasmin china girl. Theese tracks are favourites of mine. If someone finds theese good as I think I´ll gladly recommend more songs. Though I grew up and learned my music during the period of the eighties I have lots of records from the Italo area.

Last edited by Daniel on 2006-10-19, 16:56; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #3700
I recommend you the track of

Antonella - Supersonic Level

Is the same singer of of Radiorama, and even this theme is included in a megamix of a compilation of Radiorama. Very good theme, even with some seemed to Spacesynth.

http://www.discogs.com/release/731918

Is included in:

Best Of Radiorama From GDC / ZYX
bazand@hotmail.com
info@zonart.com.mx
www.zonart.com.mx
m é x i c o

Post Post #3701
yeah nice pick Danielbeat i also have that maxi single on Disco Magic.
did you see this best of Radiorama cd, completely different Megamix and '89 REMIXES even more music as released on the GDC ZYX version.
you can see tracklisting and BUY here: Best Of Radiorama

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3703
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll have to check them out.

Post Post #3708
Melodius wrote:
Albert One-Two for love, Brian Ice-Talking to the night, Miko Mission-How old are you, Mozzart-Jasmin china girl. Theese tracks are favourites of mine. If someone finds theese good as I think I´ll gladly recommend more songs. Though I grew up and learned my music during the period of the eighties I have lots of records from the Italo area.

Mozzart - Money

this track uses 16-beat bass. At first I thought that it is Fancy (sounded really similar). In some ways
it reminds quite a lot Laserdance.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3709
Hey Lauri,

first, "Into The Haze" is superb spacesynth with amazing "turning points" in the melody. You're a top notch composer, and Into the haze is in my opinion by far the best track on SD 8 Smile

From one favourite to another, my favourite producers of Italo disco are Farina/ Crivellente (Radiorama) & Manzi/ Bellini (Aleph/ Giancarlo Pasquini), who at times also collaborated in the eighties and early nineties. If you like Radiorama you also like Pasquini / Aleph productions in my opinion. They both made tons of music in good vehement Radiorama-style, and I'm proud to say I nearly have it all. We're talking thousands of productions here Exclamation Among these they used several pseudonyms and labels, which makes collecting their music kind of interesting and funny. Interestingly enough, Laserdance and Proxyon stole many melodies from these guys. I give you my top 10 of each, good places to start your search.

TOP 10 Mauro Farina (Radiorama)
1. Chester - Hold the Line
2. Alphatown - Hey Robin
3. Radiorama - Aliens ("The 2nd" album overall)
4. Deniro - Italian Boy
5. Valentino - Tonight
6. Danny Keith - Keep on music + Love me again + Dreamer
7. Max Coveri - Bye Bye Baby
8. Masquerade - It's my love
9. Tension - My Dream
10. Joe Yellow - Wild Boy

TOP 10 ALEPH (Manzi/ Bellini/ Pasquini)
1. Aleph - Take My Life + Bad Power
2. Aki - Magic Love
3. Paul Murray - Commedia
4. Roby Benvenuto - Gringo
5. Dave Rodgers - Rich & Famous
6. The Big Brother - Wild Reputation
7. DJMT - Eye to eye (duet with Mauro Farina)
8. Robert Stone - Pocket Time
9. Atrium - Jolly Joker
10. Derek Simon - Mania + Don't stop me + Dance with me

...I could go on and on. So now you know, there's more to Radiorama than Radiorama =) Cool that there are others who also enjoy the magic of that sound....

I would gladly exchange a crème de la crème compilation to a cd or two of your music Lauri Wink Have a good one!

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3715
Paal, thanks a bunch for all those suggestions. Now I have a pretty good idea what to look for Smile Also glad to hear you enjoy Into the Haze.

'Aliens' was the first Radiorama track I heard. The melodies on that one are a bit cheesy at times - but the sound is so powerful that it got my interest. I like how they use two singers to build up a track.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: