This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3933
Here goes another guessing game. The rules are almost the same as for "guess the song". One person publish a short soundsample from a synth (hardware or software) and then it is up to the others to guess the synth. The one that first give the correct answer is next in line to start up the next game. In case s/he isn't interested to start up the game then inform the rest so that someone else can do that. So there will be no prizes, just the honour.

I can start the first game with this soundsample: guess_the_synth_1.mp3

Can anyone hear which synth that have been used in this one? I can give you a hint. It is from a HW synth and I don't own it myself (I just have a sample of it in my softsampler).

Master Droid

Post Post #3934
Sounds quite much of the M1 orchstral hit Macro sampled for us to use..

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3935
You are getting close now, but it is not the M1 model. I didn't get the sample from Marco, instead it was from another person in this community ....

Post Post #3954
Mark Vera wrote:
Sounds quite much of the M1 orchstral hit Macro sampled for us to use..

There is M1 orchestra hit?
In M1 factory presets and additional cards there is no orchestral hit... atleast those cards ROM cards I have.

Post Post #3955
it sounds also very similar to that orchestral hit what is used in this song: Yes - owner of a lonely heart.
the similar sample can be found also here > http://www.synthmania.com/Famous%20Sounds.htm
But the exact model there is not told, but just some clue about Fairlight. :-/

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3977
Hints hints hints.

Cant be the X5 orchit I sampled because it sounds way different unless you did some EQ raping Smile

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3979
LauriT wrote:
Cant be the X5 orchit I sampled because it sounds way different unless you did some EQ raping

Ohh, probably it became too difficult then. Actually it is the Korg X5. The samples have some EQ and some delay effects added.

LauriT, do you want to continue with a new sample?

Post Post #3980
Don't you guys think this competition is a bit over the top? I requires knowledge of quite a large amount of synths. Besides, many of them sound so similar, that it can't be said which one is playing in the sample.
Just my opinion Smile

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3983
I think it is interesting to hear peoples thoughts about the sample, like for example "it sounds like it is generated by a FM engine" or something similar. It will definitly be difficult in many cases to find the correct answer, but still it is interesting to hear what people thinks about the sound eventhough they don't find the correct answer.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #3985
It definitely requires some extreme synth-geekism I agree. I'll post the next sample.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: