This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #22316
Trance has many subgenre,from dark to light...
not cheesy loud boring mainstream stuffs nowadays,but 90s is a great era for any trance,for EDM! Very Happy

Anyone here interest/love Goa Trance, no no...not that Psy rave style (Psytrance),Goa trance used to be on it own definition before Psy took over...

THere are some tracks i really love,full of magic and hypnotic elements Very Happy

example Smile

Jaia - Mai Mai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbRgoRdBokk

SHELL SHOCK - Sunshine on Tokyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ydWU8ekUX4

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Master Droid

Post Post #22317
What's the difference between Psy and Goa trance? I've always seen them conflated.

It's not my favorite, but sometimes I enjoy listening to it. Recently I was listening to a bunch of Infected Mushroom, though I think they're considered psy trance? At least, the stuff that's even trance at all. I also occasionally listen to DJ Tiesto or Stereomatic, but I'm not sure if those are what you're thinking, either.

Some people here have also made trance music of the sort I think you're describing - Chris (of Protonic Storm) and David Lilja (of MindXPander, though his trance moniker is Ypsilon5) come to mind.

Post Post #22318
TD Mak wrote:
What's the difference between Psy and Goa trance? I've always seen them conflated.

It's not my favorite, but sometimes I enjoy listening to it. Recently I was listening to a bunch of Infected Mushroom, though I think they're considered psy trance? At least, the stuff that's even trance at all. I also occasionally listen to DJ Tiesto or Stereomatic, but I'm not sure if those are what you're thinking, either.

Some people here have also made trance music of the sort I think you're describing - Chris (of Protonic Storm) and David Lilja (of MindXPander, though his trance moniker is Ypsilon5) come to mind.

well, i don't listen alots Goa&Psy track,but i can tell some differences,Goa trance uses Goa India sound elements,while Psy usually contains aggressive acid with dark atmosphere...

Infected Mushroom is more like Psytrance to me....also ,check out album "Jaia - Blue Energy"...one of my best favourite Smile

Some big name like Tiesto,Armin...they are just biggest at DJ-ing and make big cash every day,i don't like them much!

Back in 90s,when trance was still somekind of synthesizer dance,fast tempo...
(example.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzloXrqyyM)
i really like the oldskool you know,and i think underground scene is best at music quality Very Happy

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #22319
Good old days. I used to listen a lot to goa trance, psytrance after that. My probably fave goa track ever is MFG - When We Dream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KUb4P5XWZk
Thanks TD Mak for recalling my goatrance music, I almost forgot I made some.

Post Post #22320
Oh yes! I use to buy alot of albums during the 90s. One of my all-time favs was/is Man With No Name aka Martin Freeland, and also the compilations from Dragonfly, Concept In Dance and TIP Records. And to name drop a few goodies imho are: The Inifnity Project, Astral Projection, Doof and Hallucinogen. Very Happy

Post Post #22562
I gigged , I know them all and did lots of that **** mate not worth it , its lame and lots of muck plus they trick you and you dont get paid after hardcore work mate just a load of ****

jungle pish

DOS PROGRAMMERc=HAPPYDAYZ

c:/FORMAT sidCHIP IN PROGRESS.........
MISSION COMPLETE . CONGRATULATIONS
YOU ARE THE WINNER!

Post Post #22564
filipesantos wrote:
I gigged , I know them all and did lots of that **** mate not worth it , its lame and lots of muck plus they trick you and you dont get paid after hardcore work mate just a load of ****

jungle pish

I have a feeling you actually drink and post, unlike what you said.

Post Post #22565
Krizz wrote:
filipesantos wrote:

jungle pish

I have a feeling you actually drink and post, unlike what you said.

i only drink juice and now some coffee relaxing mate , not my fault that im musically active and you aint
nobody cares about your goa sorry if i offended you

for the record ur the polish one here drinking vodka like you russians do

Im Portuguese.

DOS PROGRAMMERc=HAPPYDAYZ

c:/FORMAT sidCHIP IN PROGRESS.........
MISSION COMPLETE . CONGRATULATIONS
YOU ARE THE WINNER!

Post Post #22566
I think I started the wrong way. I'm sorry if my ironic suggestion you're drinking before typing offended you, it was simply a (probably slightly rude) mean to express that your posts are quite blurry and not quite make sense. I don't know what makes you write those, but keep your eye on quality and clarity of replies you're posting here. Please.

Post Post #22567
Krizz wrote:
I think I started the wrong way. I'm sorry if my ironic suggestion you're drinking before typing offended you, it was simply a (probably slightly rude) mean to express that your posts are quite blurry and not quite make sense. I don't know what makes you write those, but keep your eye on quality and clarity of replies you're posting here. Please.

ok mate i apologise but if its blurry to you does not mean im drinking alcohol and making music because i don't touch any of that at all , nothing but a bit of random fun and you got caught by it Very Happy . anyways we move on.

Last edited by filipesantos on 2015-07-21, 0:01; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: