This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #22829
there are some underrated spacesynth but not bad at all!

Jan Schipper 2 releases like Return To Tommorrow,Spiral Galaxy ....both 2 are full of beautiful,dreamy italo space disco track,i love them very much

but by looking at user reviews ,i feel very sad!
Confused

heavy criticism with no room to breath!

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #22833
KoolKool wrote:

Jan Schipper 2 releases like Return To Tommorrow,Spiral Galaxy ....both 2 are full of beautiful,dreamy italo space disco track,i love them very much

Confused

screw criticism mate they all jealous ! Very Happy

Post Post #22838
No no no, you are very wrong about reviewers. Reviewers are very usefull for producers. I found the reviews very usefull and honest and most important: made by top spacesynth producers.
As a producer you can do nothing with quotes like:great music, fantastic track! It's very nice to read and good for your ego, but for producers its more usefull to get technical feedback.......

In the (real) world you have to deal with a lot of opinions from other people, but thats life Smile

@KoolKool glad you like the cd's, and you found me allready on soundcloud? On soundcloud you can hear the difference/progress I made the past years , thanks to the reviewers/critisism.....hey but thats my opinion Cool

Grtz Jan

Post Post #22840
Jsc wrote:

In the (real) world you have to deal with a lot of opinions from other people, but thats life Smile

Grtz Jan

hi,jan Schipper, good to know that you can deal with criticisms so well! i would be depressed if i was you!lol! (i like constructive criticisms,but not heavy bashing 0_0)

but...nah,i don't know! if they complaint about same sounds,same drums,same bassline,pattern for every tracks on your releases...and lack of something called "space feel"

or maybe too soft for their taste,not sound like koto,laserdance at all....?!lol!

but in case of "Legend of Aces" by Everdune,how can they give 5/5,no fair?! Mad

track like Primero,Sound of the Future,Black Rain,Synthetic Warrior..really stuck into my head because of melodies!

hey! i don't know your soundcloud page,can you give me the link? Smile

Post Post #22842
filipesantos wrote:
KoolKool wrote:

Confused

screw criticism mate they all jealous ! Very Happy

then why post music at all? "Its great" You can say in front of the mirror too if thats the only thing You prefer to hear. Further more it does not matter in things of fame (khm khm) or money, becouse it is known that spacesynth lovers really love spacesynth, but only until the point they have to pay for it. Also no need to play a big star.

IF you make album, or have soundcloud/youtube/mikseri/whateverpage .... do you think that you are star already? -- look around, its underground genre.

Last edited by SX001 on 2015-08-03, 14:21; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #22843
luckily i bought cd on discogs before reading user reviews on spacesynth.net! Cool
Very Happy
(you 2 releases got very high Avg Rating on discogs! i usually select music by looking at Avg Rating)

(cause i don't want to buy cd just because i read bad reviews!lol!)

Post Post #22844
SX001 wrote:

then why post music at all? "Its great" You can say in front of the mirror too.

i like constructive criticisms like "your track sound clipping,you need to sidechain,or your kick drum need more punch,you need more melodies,not repetitive.. sir!" Razz

but..oh no...if someone judge music by his/her taste,like you give spacesynth to your friend love metal,so what does he say? oops!

Post Post #22845
[quote="KoolKool"]
Jsc wrote:

but...nah,i don't know! if they complaint about same sounds,same drums,same bassline,pattern for every tracks on your releases...and lack of something called "space feel"

Very Happy it is only becouse listener is not capable of hearing arrangement, but thinks in sound engineering details. Here most of the "criticizing public" did not knew nothing more than just about which sounds are used (or in use) for Laserdance, and which ones refer to Laserdance tunes. Hearing those "sounds" they were glad. The more reminiscent to old Laserdance, the better to them.

about that the tunes are alike to each other, might be right.
But just to comment about production and sound engineering details, it is only becouse thats
the thing they are capable of hearing. Never ask from them what is diminuendo or counterpoint.

If You dont hear about composing or arrangement something, it does not mean, that this part is good. It means that
most users here does not know musical theory.......

well, I remember this kind of "critique" to my one tracks -- "its good, just adjust the high frequencyes little bit". Did it meant that it was perfect tune? NO, it just meant, that the listener was only capable of sound engineering details. OF COURSE I thought that yess, thats the superb tune, unknowing that I was being misleaded.

Post Post #22846
KoolKool wrote:
SX001 wrote:

then why post music at all? "Its great" You can say in front of the mirror too.

i like constructive criticisms like "your track sound clipping,you need to sidechain,or your kick drum need more punch,you need more melodies,not repetitive.. sir!" Razz

but..oh no...if someone judge music by his/her taste,like you give spacesynth to your friend love metal,so what does he say? oops!

It would be the same if someone would say "yes I like the picture--- the frame around it! But You should repair these cracks in frame". You see, no comments about the picture itself.

This kind of comments have almost nothing to do with music itself.
These things are just sound engineering or production details whatever the tune is.

Master Droid

Post Post #22847
Quote:
well, I remember this kind of "critique" to my one tracks -- "its good, just adjust the high frequencyes little bit". Did it meant that it was perfect tune? NO, it just meant, that the listener was only capable of sound engineering details. OF COURSE I thought that yess, thats the superb tune, unknowing that I was being misleaded.

What if the track is very good and the only flaw is high frequency. There's nothing to critique about but frequency? (just assume it's hyper ideal) You're talking about stuff others want to hear some exact words but forgetting you're as same as these guys just want to hear something specific which differs from their own preference of hearing? Smile Smile Smile

Same game with same question but different answer and you already assume that the listener is judging only from engineering side. The thing is that you believe that the conclusion is genuine. Now, would that be a rational judgment or yet another whimsical indignation? Smile
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: