This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #23411
KoolKool wrote:
uh......talk about soundcloud

there are nice tracks but don't have much comment,likes,share..even nothing,only playback counts....but there are not-so-nice tracks but still received hundred,thousand love....

i don't understand!?

i tried to join many many groups and attract more followers,but its not work at all!

becouse these plus points have nothing to do with music itself.

Post Post #23416
ChrisvB wrote:
I agree with KoolKool, some of us don't even bother to put it on CD or release it via a record company, they just put it on Soundcloud and/or Facebook.
I don't know why I would bring a CD or official release, it dont think I would sell enough to make up for the cost.

not many people bother to buy music these days unfortunately.
point is : for the spacesynth crowd to buy something ... the music would have to be really good . but still , would they buy it?... i understand that spacesynth has a small fanbase but industrially speaking maybe theres not much point to release stuff in cds and invest because nobody buys and supports it.

DOS PROGRAMMERc=HAPPYDAYZ

c:/FORMAT sidCHIP IN PROGRESS.........
MISSION COMPLETE . CONGRATULATIONS
YOU ARE THE WINNER!

Space Moderator

Post Post #23467
Why no one releases anything new and interesting (in the old Laserdance style)?
Why is this happening with Marco Rochowski and many more old, great (2000s) artists? Why Marco does not release anything new in him great old style?

And... yeah... probably now We coming to the mainstream... Laserdance releases new album in the end of 2015 - called The Force of Order - and it was produced with the old stuff (synthesisers) Smile Like Goody's Return - now Laserdance's Return? Very Happy
Producers of that album: Michiel van der Kuy, Erik van Vliet and Rob van Eijk Wink

Full resolution cover

Last edited by exMachine on 2015-10-20, 20:37; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #23468
i know that old style is gold,but i have less interest! Smile

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Space Moderator

Post Post #23496
That's sad to listen from Spacesynth fans: "less interest"...
Michiel van der Kuy, Erik van Vliet and Rob van Eijk propably be sad when listen: Your classic style is less interest... Confused

Btw... I found in Google the new webpage about spacesynth, but in russian language: Spacesynth.info
On this webpage we have two friends from our forum: dimassamid and SpaceAveiro Smile
Imho... Spacesynth.net forever will be the capital for space musicans Smile

Post Post #23499
exMachine wrote:
That's sad to listen from Spacesynth fans: "less interest"...
Michiel van der Kuy, Erik van Vliet and Rob van Eijk propably be sad when listen: Your classic style is less interest... Confused

bro!
i don't have anything against classic style,just "less interest! it's my taste after all! Smile
fan respect producer,producer should respect fan too!

spacesynth must evolve into something new but still preserve the soul of 80s!

i'm pretty tired with club,rave music nowadays and now synthpop,spacesynth are my musical life! Very Happy

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #23522
KoolKool wrote:

spacesynth must evolve into something new but still preserve the soul of 80s!

i suppose thats what new space synth is but the formulas cant go anywhere else because that's what people expect from this genre and personally i wouldnt have it any other way sometimes i get back listening to spacesynth because of the cool riffs and synth 'conversation' riffs. some tutorials on that would be cool too.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #23614
exMachine wrote:
Why no one releases anything new and interesting (in the old Laserdance style)?
Why is this happening with Marco Rochowski and many more old, great (2000s) artists? Why Marco does not release anything new in him great old style?

And... yeah... probably now We coming to the mainstream... Laserdance releases new album in the end of 2015 - called The Force of Order - and it was produced with the old stuff (synthesisers) Smile Like Goody's Return - now Laserdance's Return? Very Happy
Producers of that album: Michiel van der Kuy, Erik van Vliet and Rob van Eijk Wink

Great news! I think it is just great that Laserdance is releasing a new album with original synths. Also, remember Cyber Space released also a new album with classic style. I don't know about Marco, but he has been active lately with Retronic Voice. We have heard rumours some years ago that he is preparing a new album, but we haven't got the latest info about it since. But I'm positive for both old and new spacesynth styles. Both old and new styles should be accepted, IMO. This is the only way how more musicians might be interested more in this style.

I see this 80's revival thing also as a possibility for spacesynth to become more popular (if one wishes). I think spacesynth goes well with other 80's synth music styles, even though it is more melodic-oriented than synthwave, because they both have already the 80's feel to them. So, why not make some 80's inspired releases that includes tracks similar to several styles? I am personally now into this 80's inspired music thing, so let's see how it goes...

What comes to this forum activity, most of the music production tips and tutorials are already elsewhere on internet. Some more spacesynth-tutorials might be great for beginners of course, as there is already some. And this forum is mostly about discussions between musicians or those who want to become spacesynth musicians, or as it seems. People themselves makes the community, so what kinds of discussion is held, that is the way it goes. Wink

Post Post #23615
Everdune wrote:

I see this 80's revival thing also as a possibility for spacesynth to become more popular (if one wishes). I think spacesynth goes well with other 80's synth music styles, even though it is more melodic-oriented than synthwave, because they both have already the 80's feel to them. So, why not make some 80's inspired releases that includes tracks similar to several styles? I am personally now into this 80's inspired music thing, so let's see how it goes...

yea man i think that spacesynth is more complex composition than synthwave from what ive seen.
synthwave is easier to produce think thats why its more pop than spacesynth when spacesynth is aka synthpop lol

but doesnt matter spacesynth requires more skill Wink

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #23616
filipesantos wrote:
yea man i think that spacesynth is more complex composition than synthwave from what ive seen.
synthwave is easier to produce think thats why its more pop than spacesynth when spacesynth is aka synthpop lol

I have to agree that after I've listened several syntwave tracks I usually think where are the main melodylines? This makes it more soundtrack-like. It is propably the only thing I don't like about it, although I like the feel and atmosphere, and the coolness. But this is a matter of another topic...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: