This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Space Moderator

Post Post #23337
Hi Spacemaniacs,

Why in this music and forum so little going on?
and no one releases anything new and interesting (in the old Laserdance style)?
Why is this happening?

I'm very sad... Sad
Regards, Marty Lovell
Spacesynth Fan Forever

Last edited by exMachine on 2015-10-19, 22:43; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #23341
well....i have released my new track Smile
some producers i followed on soundcloud have recently released new spacesynth tracks too......
you have to dig deep....

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #23348
Hey!

Well, the fact is that 80s synth music is going stronger than ever before (excluding the 80s obviously). And I'm thrilled about that. The classic spacesynth sound is getting blended into a broader style of synth music that people just call "retro synth". The common denominator of this music is that people are inspired by 80's culture: TV series, action movies, science fiction, home computers, video games, Miami, cars, space, fashion etc.

I think the spacesynth scene should open up more and cherish the richness of sound. We have been a way too closed community with too many "rules" and I think that has pushed people away. My opinion is that we have always been too tied to our italo roots. And I don't have anything against italo - I think it's a great inspiration - we just shouldn't let it slow us down.

Post Post #23349
I agree with KoolKool, some of us don't even bother to put it on CD or release it via a record company, they just put it on Soundcloud and/or Facebook.
I don't know why I would bring a CD or official release, it dont think I would sell enough to make up for the cost.

Chris van Buren

Post Post #23351
Smile
im searching for a lable to bring out one of my tracks. but nothing happens. so i must publish the tracks on YouTube and/or soundcloud.

also my newest Retro synth track is on soundcloud (only hear)

https://soundcloud.com/el-nino-lab-productions/80-star-trooper

so let us waiting what the new age (RetroMusic) is waiting for. some lables waiting for new tracks, couse People are hungry of this Kind of Music

micha

Post Post #23352
uh......talk about soundcloud

there are nice tracks but don't have much comment,likes,share..even nothing,only playback counts....but there are not-so-nice tracks but still received hundred,thousand love....

i don't understand!?

i tried to join many many groups and attract more followers,but its not work at all!

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #23353
I don't think there is any major fall of spacesynth. I think the things has not changed that much regarding the music itself and the fanbase for the last several years. Maybe the most significant changes concerns the amount of CD releases has decreased, and the amount of digital releases has increased. Another noteworthy thing is that the times has changed: the discussion forums are slowly dying as the most of the action is now happening on social media. People are more busy today than ten years back.

Spacesynth is a lovely genre, but it is very limited with its "rules", as Lauri said here. Nothing wrong with it, if some people want to keep it like that, I understand it very well. It is like spacesynth is a special gem that shouldn't be "ruined" with other stuff.

My personal view: I personally feel like I'm being suffocated if I "have to" abide by the same rules over and over again. For some people rules can work better, and for me... not that much. The option for me is to do just music (whatever it might be called), and if someone thinks it sounds spacesynth, then so be it. 80s retro style just gives me that change... to "breathe" without abandoning the spacesynth completely. Smile

Post Post #23354
I agree with both Lauri and Saul. The very strict rules set by Laserdance most of contemporary artists try to follow (or copy) are actually quite rejective to someone who's not dedicated to orthodox spacesynth.
Btw.: we had a similar discussion here about 2 years ago: http://www.spacesynth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2318

Post Post #23361
nowadays,anyone can into spacesynth,start spacesynth production,from large studio to bedroom laptop =)

veterans still keep release their music sometime,while new produders keep coming into the scene

there are many patches,samples,tutorials available to encourage wet newbie..

the only matter is creativity (at least don't forget 80s)

the retro 80s,90s sounds still have mystical magic feel to me,can't resist!

Post Post #23410
Krizz wrote:
I agree with both Lauri and Saul. The very strict rules set by Laserdance most of contemporary artists try to follow (or copy) are actually quite rejective to someone who's not dedicated to orthodox spacesynth.
Btw.: we had a similar discussion here about 2 years ago: http://www.spacesynth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2318

...and this kind of discussion was also 9 years ago.

http://www.spacesynth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=413&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

Actually I dont see why it should be diminishing, as there are much more possibilities than ever before, gear is more affordable, tutorials etc. And everything in just a computer. Was not it everyones dream?

Everdune wrote:

Another noteworthy thing is that the times has changed: the discussion forums are slowly dying as the most of the action is now happening on social media. People are more busy today than ten years back.

Which people are you talking about?
That being "busy" is just being lazy and taking many things for granted.

So, what I see is the problem that people dont put effort in their work. It seems that all must happen to them fast, without effort and using social media to get that.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: