This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #23842
made this small track nothing too fancy or complicated for starters. feel free to give feedback , tips , ideas , help with sequences etc

https://soundcloud.com/spacesintsounds/pathfinder

i know some sequences been repeated , i had no further ideas and didnt want to spend more time on the track because im no expert in this stuff plus i didnt wanna go and copy stuff from laserdance koto etc .

im a big space synth n00b producer no expert :p

might put more work into this song later Smile

Master Droid

Post Post #23846
Tonz of notes reminded me of Prometheus hehe...

Somehow i think melodies are little bit a mess (not all, some parts) - if you manage to pack them in right positions the track would be like "holysheit Surprised". I can't say exact position since it requires deep analysis for which i don't have time (LIES, i'm too lazy for that).

But hey, i wouldn't call that a complete noob work. You can feel vast experience in that work, which, however, has room for expansion.

You can analyze it by yourself - do a track on a very low speed and try to catch melodic "lags" with your ears.
But maybe there isn't a mess at all... Cool

Post Post #23847
Neuton Mouse wrote:
Tonz of notes reminded me of Prometheus hehe...

Somehow i think melodies are little bit a mess (not all, some parts) - if you manage to pack them in right positions the track would be like "holysheit Surprised". I can't say exact position since it requires deep analysis for which i don't have time (LIES, i'm too lazy for that).

But hey, i wouldn't call that a complete noob work. You can feel vast experience in that work, which, however, has room for expansion.

You can analyze it by yourself - do a track on a very low speed and try to catch melodic "lags" with your ears.
But maybe there isn't a mess at all... Cool

yea i get you on the melodic positions , its something im trying to figure out but its just weird . i kinda want to give speed to the track but somehow it just feels like something is missing. usually good tracks have a nice flow and it feels fast while not relying on high bpms . i dunno its weird . it has something to do with the melodic composition for sure where im kinda lost because i mean what else could it be when beat n bass are in place ? :p . when i listen to laserdance or koto for example you get these nice riffs that attach to each others , some hard sh%$ for sure . any more help is appreciatted tho and thanks for replying N.Mouse.

Master Droid

Post Post #23855
filipesantos wrote:

yea i get you on the melodic positions , its something im trying to figure out but its just weird . i kinda want to give speed to the track but somehow it just feels like something is missing. usually good tracks have a nice flow and it feels fast while not relying on high bpms . i dunno its weird . it has something to do with the melodic composition for sure where im kinda lost because i mean what else could it be when beat n bass are in place ? :p . when i listen to laserdance or koto for example you get these nice riffs that attach to each others , some hard sh%$ for sure . any more help is appreciatted tho and thanks for replying N.Mouse.

Yeah, it does sound a little anemic to me, as well. For most of the track, you just have a basic drum track, bassline, and the melody playing, maybe with the bell in the background. There are a lot of ways to beef that up: make the drums and/or bass more interesting, and add stuff like stabs, arpeggios (helpful because they're also fast-paced and can complement the bassline), and maybe pads. The part starting around 0:22 kind of does that.

I'm a less knowledgeable about this aspect, but I think the bass could be fatter (maybe louder?), and that would likely help. I'm guessing there's also better mixing to be done, but unfortunately I can't advise well on that.

Post Post #23856
TD Mak wrote:
filipesantos wrote:

Yeah, it does sound a little anemic to me, as well. For most of the track, you just have a basic drum track, bassline, and the melody playing, maybe with the bell in the background. There are a lot of ways to beef that up: make the drums and/or bass more interesting, and add stuff like stabs, arpeggios (helpful because they're also fast-paced and can complement the bassline), and maybe pads. The part starting around 0:22 kind of does that.

I'm a less knowledgeable about this aspect, but I think the bass could be fatter (maybe louder?), and that would likely help. I'm guessing there's also better mixing to be done, but unfortunately I can't advise well on that.

thanks for your help TD Mak. Smile
i done it kinda basic so that i would get some help from you guys and then maybe learn new techniques .
i agree it does need beefed up quite a lot. its the speed factor thats missing. ill try more stabs and arpeggios.

Post Post #23916
High 5 Filipe. This is your thing...love it Bulls Eye

Post Post #23917
voice from outer space wrote:
High 5 Filipe. This is your thing...love it Bulls Eye

yea thats what i did sort of some space synth without copying anybody or giving two tosses for whats out there you know. as much as i love koto laserdance proxyon n stuff theres no point of copying the style , whats the point anyways its already been done if you get me . i know its a bit raw for first production n stuff but sure with time ill come up with new ideas .

thanks for the compliment glad you like it although im still not happy with it and i wanna develop my own formula in this stuff and who knows how long that will take. Smile

Space Moderator

Post Post #23918
On that time it is pretty good music Wink Of course, I agree with previous speakers that it lacks a little meat, but for a start is great Wink Congrats Smile

Love the bass sound - whence come from? Cool

Post Post #23919
exMachine wrote:
On that time it is pretty good music Wink Of course, I agree with previous speakers that it lacks a little meat, but for a start is great Wink Congrats Smile

Love the bass sound - whence come from? Cool

yea man it sure needs more layers to go with it.
bass is just tal uno lx

Post Post #23950
wow,you created this thread made me feel...quite suprised....oh come on!

your previous tracks are good,why can you do the same!? Very Happy (if i remember correctly,one of your track name "mysteon" or something?!"

i don't have any criticism...my only one advice is you should try your best to get it done,don't let it stay unfinished too long and you forget it later..oh no!

sometime drum + bass + one single melody layer work well,but sometime you more layers to add more vibrance to your arrangement...! Smile

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: