This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #23963
found this out :

http://www.whosampled.com/Michiel-Van-Der-Kuy/?sp=2

laserdance took a lot of riff / hooks from other groups Surprised

thats really cheap Puke

Last edited by filipesantos on 2015-11-14, 19:42; edited 2 times in total

Post Post #23972
Yes, he did. If you browse older threads, it's all revealed here.

Post Post #23976
Krizz wrote:

link please?

Post Post #23984
heres the rygar space raiders riff :
completely shameful here's the original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqexbAeEzTw

Post Post #23986
filipesantos wrote:
Krizz wrote:

link please?

Hmm, search doesn't seem to be helpful to me today. And I'm not into browsing all topics. Sorry.
Simply acknowledge, that most of older ss.net members are aware of those ripoffs.

Post Post #23987
Krizz wrote:
filipesantos wrote:
Krizz wrote:

link please?

Hmm, search doesn't seem to be helpful to me today. And I'm not into browsing all topics. Sorry.
Simply acknowledge, that most of older ss.net members are aware of those ripoffs.

well i wasnt

Post Post #23989
First time I heard about 'stolen" melodies I wasn't disappointed as many people here were. The reason: M.v.d.Kuy did a gread job 'stealing' these melodies and transforming them into brilliant spacesynth tracks. Don't forget our favourite music genre originated from Italo, I often hear spacesynth is Italo without vocals. Could he simply made covers of these Italo songs by keeping the original title? I think yes and that probably should have been done. However, there probably were obstacles for not doing so, may be doing a cover required paying for the rights and since spacesynth is not very popular (actually it has never been) wasn't worth spending a lot of money . V.d.Kuy simply preferred masking himself as the original composer.
Anyways, if the track is great, does it make any difference to you, guys? Remember LD's "Technological Mind"? All tracks sound so similar, v.d.Kuy copycatted (lol, that's a new verb) himself, still the album is one of their best. Or the Laserdance's 2014 "Moon Machine. Sounds like "Power Run 2" in my ears. Apparently, composers can't avoid repeating themselves.

Post Post #23990
Georgi wrote:
First time I heard about 'stolen" melodies I wasn't disappointed as many people here were. The reason: M.v.d.Kuy did a gread job 'stealing' these melodies and transforming them into brilliant spacesynth tracks. Don't forget our favourite music genre originated from Italo, I often hear spacesynth is Italo without vocals. Could he simply made covers of these Italo songs by keeping the original title? I think yes and that probably should have been done. However, there probably were obstacles for not doing so, may be doing a cover required paying for the rights and since spacesynth is not very popular (actually it has never been) wasn't worth spending a lot of money . V.d.Kuy simply preferred masking himself as the original composer.
Anyways, if the track is great, does it make any difference to you, guys? Remember LD's "Technological Mind"? All tracks sound so similar, v.d.Kuy copycatted (lol, that's a new verb) himself, still the album is one of their best. Or the Laserdance's 2014 "Moon Machine. Sounds like "Power Run 2" in my ears. Apparently, composers can't avoid repeating themselves.

no thats not a problem at all repeating themselves its just the fact that many riffs been stolen from other songs and putting out the stuff credited to themselves...

michiel stuff sounds more like a compilation of the best riffs in one track imo

im just saying this because i had no idea , probably like many other people thinking this stuff is amazing which it is , its just a bit disapointing to find out most of these melodies were simply copied and didnt come from michiel

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #23991
Krizz wrote:

You will find one of the discussion threads in this subject if you type the word "recycle" at the search page.
Here is that discussion: http://spacesynth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2468

Post Post #23992
Staffan wrote:
Krizz wrote:

You will find one of the discussion threads in this subject if you type the word "recycle" at the search page.
Here is that discussion: http://spacesynth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2468

yea that topic came to my mind wasnt sure if it was about the same matter as i have a different view of the recycle term. to me this is a simple ripoff of other tunes Bored

tnx for posting the link staffan.

and i agree with some people there its called stealing unfortunatly Bored
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: