Reply to topic

Post Post #24988
LauriT wrote:
I have the MKS70 which is the rack version of the JX10. It's basically two JX8P's - a massive analog polyphonic synth. It's good for smooth sounds like brasses and strings. I also like the electronic pianos and plucky sounds you can make with it. Doesn't work so well for punchy basses though due to it's slowish envelopes.

If someone is looking for a similar VST I recommend Martin Lüders' PG-8X. It pretty much nails the sound of the JX8P.

ohhh yeeee ! i got this but never gave it much attention tho. Is this an emulation of the JX10?
I have an old vsti MDA JX10 and it's really good but i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not . Nevertheless i like the sound of it , it's good for basses , leads , strings , brass and stuff , also sounds like a tracker instrument in a way aswel which i like Smile .
There's also the Moog Prodigy emulation which i love it's brillliant synthesizer apart from being monophonic but i love it to bits ^_^ .
Cheers Dreamtime! <3

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #24989
Good Dance Recordings wrote:

ohhh yeeee ! i got this but never gave it much attention tho. Is this an emulation of the JX10?

It's an emulation of the JX8P. Very similar sound to the JX10 but the architecture is not quite as powerful. JX10 can basically layer two JX8P tones.

Post Post #24990
LauriT wrote:

It's an emulation of the JX8P. Very similar sound to the JX10 but the architecture is not quite as powerful. JX10 can basically layer two JX8P tones.

I find this interesting because i own a JV1080 and is this like the same way? you select the tones and you can layer them all together? I know i can pull real powerful sounds of the jv1080 . I only own the techno xp but i dont need more as i also own a korg electribe mx and the engine is superb. As for the jv you can select each tone mix them together and even filter each one individually. It's really powerful machine so that's why i'm just wondering if yours has the same sort of architecture or it's just a simple analogue synth like the juno for example. Cheers buddy.

As i'm reading on vintage synth it says:

Released in 1985 the JX-10 (Super JX) combines two individual JX-8P's for an outstandingly warm, rich and analog sound which is still used in many modern studios all over the world. This synth was the first Roland Synth to be fitted with a quality 76 note keyboard with velocity and aftertouch. Two DCO's per voice, two ADSR envelope generators per voice, and a resonant lowpass & non-resonant highpass filters are only the beginning. It has a 12 voice polyphony for a total of 24 oscillators

So it has 2 OSC , 2 Seperate envelopes for each OSC , low pass filter and non reso hipass (like the juno) and 24 Waveforms. Not bad. The fact it has 24 Oscillator waveforms of choice it sounds like a mix of a rompler and analogue synthesis. Is this capable of generating Sync , FM? For example the JV1080 can't. The OSC which is called as tone generator is not exactly an oscillator but it can work like one. The JV is not capable of generating Sync Leads unless there's a waveform for it. But it's excellent for choirs , pads , basses , leads and everything else . All it takes is imagination . Smile

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #25004

So it has 2 OSC , 2 Seperate envelopes for each OSC , low pass filter and non reso hipass (like the juno) and 24 Waveforms. Not bad. The fact it has 24 Oscillator waveforms of choice it sounds like a mix of a rompler and analogue synthesis. Is this capable of generating Sync , FM?

Sync, yes. FM, no.

It's definitely more complicated than a Juno. More versatile sound. But Juno is better for punchy basses, no question about that.

It would be an absolute killer synth if it came with knobs and sliders. That's why 2nd hand prices of the JX range are reasonable.

Post Post #25007
LauriT wrote:

So it has 2 OSC , 2 Seperate envelopes for each OSC , low pass filter and non reso hipass (like the juno) and 24 Waveforms. Not bad. The fact it has 24 Oscillator waveforms of choice it sounds like a mix of a rompler and analogue synthesis. Is this capable of generating Sync , FM?

Sync, yes. FM, no.

It's definitely more complicated than a Juno. More versatile sound. But Juno is better for punchy basses, no question about that.

It would be an absolute killer synth if it came with knobs and sliders. That's why 2nd hand prices of the JX range are reasonable.

Oh maybe that's why the new laserdance album has that syncy sound.
Yea these synths aren't easy to edit . Same with the JV lots of menus and stuff. I prefer the EMX everything is in front of you it's so handy to make sounds. Smile

Do you know if Michiel just bought those two synths to make the new album? Probably used the rest in software who knows...

Post Post #25015

Do you know if Michiel just bought those two synths to make the new album? Probably used the rest in software who knows...

Yes, I think he "only" bought the Juno and the JX-10, the rest is software.

Post Post #25016
The Juno-106 and the sequencer for it, now together Smile

Post Post #25017
AntonEriksson wrote:

Yes, I think he "only" bought the Juno and the JX-10, the rest is software.

yea that's what i thought . Was that photo just recent? Anyways even tho if he just used software or hardware it would've sound brilliant. It's not just the tools that matter. He's got the touch and won't matter what equipment he will use he always makes brilliant tunes. <3

Post Post #25018
AntonEriksson wrote:
The Juno-106 and the sequencer for it, now together Smile

looks very nice man.

Post Post #25053
after 23 days.. Now got it. But it needs a big service.. I will fix it this weekend.

Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: