Reply to topic

Post Post #25168
read the technical things sx001 comments above and then i slap my cheek, oh wait i'm composer, not sound engineer
it's personal matter after all! welll!

same with photography, there are people still use film nowadays!
smartphone take better picture,but they still faraway from heavy DSLR...

but what make a good photo,good music? nah? Very Happy

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #25169
KoolKool wrote:
read the technical things sx001 comments above and then i slap my cheek, oh wait i'm composer, not sound engineer

most details were about money, not about sound engineering or tech ref.

Post Post #25170
sx001 wrote:
Good Dance Recordings wrote:

hardware studios are a big mess (cables anyone?) and no need to mention the space you need and we're not talking about 4 or 5 synths , im talking about a big proper studio. Software does all that and much more plus is clean , compact , more affordable and easier to use than having to buy loads of equipment to make some tracks that music is very hard to sell nowadays anyway. I own 3-4 synths and that's just about it. Hardware i use it sometimes but software is clean , compact and i barely notice any difference in my songs nowadays between hardware and software plus software has much cleaner sound as hardware brings a lot of noise with it. The Algorithms are the same and most synths today use the same as it's all virtual analogue.

(And you said that You do not take part in this software-hardware war...)

You certainly havent read those links in that post before You wrote that. Did not you? And that -- count the minuses with software up too.

Why all-in-software does not work for me I explained in my own thread which link You seemed to ignore it totally. To me hardware is clearly not a problem. Problem to me is the computer software which is done by programmers like they hate the computers and their customers.

Also price about the software You did not read either.
If software is affordable as You say then imagine buying a software package with 700 EUR and later when needed to upgrade it costs the same amount money even to loyal customer! (read that Davids experience why he was pissed off to Steinberg).
Definetly it comes cheap when pirating the software, but dont you talk about business or "being professional" in this case Very Happy

While You plan to upgrade the software, the old version becomes worthless (you can not sell it), but hardware You can sell as even the old hardware has value. Actually the old synthesizers are in vintage status and their prices is going up (just like JD990), however not so high price as brand new on those days! So, from this point of view, money spent on hardware is far from wasted (even Korg M1 and Wavestation if these were bought as second hand relatively cheap).

Big proper studios -- do not bash them if you really have not visited them? I have seen and worked in a several big studios with Neve console with 48 channels, ATC studio monitors. Wall of the effect units, 48channel digital recording equipment with ProTools and 24 track 2" tape machines. On console -- automation, presets, noise gates -- all there, and they do not run about console, "seeking free input". there are patchbays. In fact there is nothing so much to see behind, becouse everything is stationary installed. Also when we install then every cabel is labeled.

AND which noise are you talking about?? You do not have analog synths, and You have just up to 8 stereo pairs to mix. Perhaps You are keeping inputs too cold, input faders way down low level and master fader all the way too up? Try opposite by keeping inputs as hot as possible and soundcard level sensitivity adjust to +4dBu
I get a decent mix with 18 stereo pairs with 90..96dB dynamic level (several analog synths, digital rack effects, 4 return channels, without noise gating system, non-weighted, full analog path mixing console). Certainly no issue even in this situation.
Now with noise gates active on inputs I have all my mixes with 120dB dynamic, whatever if it would be all channel inputs and returns in the mix.

About room... or HUGE room especially. thats the hard one, but not becouse how many synths, but becouse of sound. Acoustics! I still prefer listening my finals at these big studio becouse of this and dream about it. Smile And about this it does not matter if it is many synths or just one computer.
I really recommend to visit some of the big studios (SHORTEST wall is longer than 6 meters, treatments on the wall, 3-way active studio monitors ATC SM50ASL (or 150ASL) plus subwoofers and listen Your own piece.
Perhaps then You understand what I talk about why that (close to half a million room) is worth Very Happy Wink
No average bedroom comes near to this combination even if having these loudspeakers and wall treatments -- too small room and does not matter if full of objects or empty (even worse).

Also in a bigger rooms it is simpler to clean between the objects. Very Happy

About thoughts regarding to room size, it is really no argument. We spend room on those things we love.
I could not (and refuse) live in a small flat or side-by-side with others even if I would live "just me and my one computer"! And quiet neighbourhood please, always. Perhaps to you anything which takes place/room is bad?

Quote:

Quote:
that JV1080. Thats a great piece of hardware, especially these SR-JV80 series cards. Those ones can be copied and replicated like a floppy.

yea but what's the point if there's no card you can't put it in the jv , it's pointless.

These can be made yourself, but this is not the forum/thread for this.

P.S.: are You making some spacesynth track with effort and really setting time for ONE track by now and giving to it all the time it needs to develop? I am picking with my JV1080 spacesynth tune.

no wonder everybody goes away from this forum its full of negativism! i gotta better things to do than spending my time here arguing about this or that .

Post Post #25171
KoolKool wrote:

why should i? im not interested on what he has to say or spending my time lecturing people about this or that technical blablablabla what a waste of time and who cares who's a composer or sound engineer anyways is this a competition? Ego inflation problem?
People use whatever they want to use end of story!
God have mercy on this forum what a complete waste.

Post Post #25172
Quote:

...but still it does not resist YOU lecturing? About software being superior blablala ...

(deja vu... just the same thing said Mac to Krizz some years ago in similar situation)

However... you were bashing about items You were not even seen or heard closely.

And so, these people who want to get their Roland JX10 (or entire set what Michiel had) is their own choice totally. No need to lecture them either about vst versions superiority. (I have both JX10, MKS70 and JX8P by choice but also I have compared and tried their free VST emulations).

Post Post #25173
sx001 wrote:
Quote:

...but still it does not resist YOU lecturing? About software being superior blablala ...

(deja vu... just the same thing said Mac to Krizz some years ago in similar situation)

However... you were bashing about items You were not even seen or heard closely.

bashing? since when did i say that ? grow up mister. fights fights fights its all this forum is about no wonder everybody stays away from space synth .

Quote:
And so, these people who want to get their Roland JX10 (or entire set what Michiel had) is their own choice totally. No need to lecture them either about vst versions superiority. (I have both JX10, MKS70 and JX8P by choice but also I have compared and tried their free VST emulations).

boringggggggggggggg michiel this michiel that let me know when your disc has changed. You have them synthesizers? Good for you! Would love to know how much music have you done with all your equipment since it's so important to you.

Post Post #25174

bashing? since when did i say that ? grow up mister. fights fights fights its all this forum is about no wonder everybody stays away from space synth .

well your talk about "big proper studios" and its cabling, while you havent been there either.

Quote:

boringggggggggggggg michiel this michiel that let me know when your disc has changed. You have them synthesizers? Good for you! Would love to know how much music have you done with all your equipment since it's so important to you.

everything is made with the hardware equipment, since I took them in use. No VSTs, however I have some of them and have tried them too.

Just like opposite to You who has hardware too, but does not use it. Wink
In fact many sounds I have from JV1080 and XV88.

Last edited by sx001 on 2016-11-20, 17:23; edited 1 time in total

Post Post #25175
sx001 wrote:

well your talk about "big proper studios" and its cabling, while you havent been there either.

Quote:

everything is made with that equipment, since I took them in use. No VSTs.

I haven't been there? How do you know? hahahahahaha.... you don't even know me mister.

blablablalbla no vsts , hardware , vsts blabalblablalabla , boring .
Like i said i like both , hardware and i also embrace the new technology which is also great so end of story!

More music and less talk.

Back to work bye bye! Very Happy

Post Post #25176

I havent been there? How do you know? hahahahahaha.... you don't know squat mister.

Becouse these things you claimed about noise, cables, comes more likely from a hasty homestudio owner with limited budget items, no skill for maintenance and neither techie at hand.

In a big million dollar studio for all these problems are technicians. They are fixing these problems and thats why the actual users nor visitors dont see these problems.

BUt also... Home studio owners have that cable mess.
While NONE of these big studios or institutions have unorganized cabling. None of them has a cable mess. Everything is labeled and very structured, organized.
Propably the only thing you see some cable mess is "communication closet" with patchbays, but none of them laying around the floor. Smile

Post Post #25177
sx001 wrote:

I havent been there? How do you know? hahahahahaha.... you don't know squat mister.

Becouse these things you claimed about noise, cables, comes more likely from a hasty homestudio owner with limited budget items, no skill for maintenance and neither techie at hand.

A home studio owner? Yes like most people are.
Big budget studio or not it still doesnt change the fact its a mess and hardware produces noise nevertheless. The more you add the more noise you'll add with it too. So your point was?

You talk like you are some kind of rich guy that has it all : ''oh look at me you have no skill for maintnance or techies blablabla..''

Since you're so rich why don't you go and buy some music or do something creative instead of insulting and giving off all this stupid techno stupid babble huh?
Stop wasting my time , time-waster.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: