This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #24765
i keep experimenting and composing to improve my skill! can be spacesynth or more than that, i don't know exactly Smile

this time with new EP album,but each track has....quite short length! hope you won't feel disappointed!

here is bandcamp album link
https://hainam993.bandcamp.com/album/goosecraft-choron-ep1

full preview and free download...

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #24768
too raw for me

Post Post #24769
Had a wee listen. It's pretty good. This would fit a shoot em up game no problem and your sound is pretty close to Neuton Mouse. Smile

Grab yourself nice some artwork like gradius or something , try and present these in a gaming music community and they'll probably love it. Smile

Cool you are using bandcamp.

Good luck Hainam. Smile

Post Post #24770
Adi wrote:
too raw for me

i knew Adi! it's quite a disappointment compare to my first one . i am stepping into unexpected paths i never know until now...i'm sorry!

(з`)

Good Dance Recordings wrote:

Good luck Hainam. Smile

thank you! yes, i posted on shmup forum and people there love it, i also caught attention of a indie game developer too, he signed me for his incoming project....that's sound promising to me.... Smile

for artwork, i prefer original cover artwork but too bad i draw very ugly like a kid, so i think i will need someone to do it for me
Exclamation

neuton mouse helps me alots with his mega drum sample pack, i own him!

yes, bandcamp is much better performance than soundcloud i think Smile

Post Post #24772
KoolKool wrote:

thank you! yes, i posted on shmup forum and people there love it, i also caught attention of a indie game developer too, he signed me for his incoming project....that's sound promising to me.... Smile

for artwork, i prefer original cover artwork but too bad i draw very ugly like a kid, so i think i will need someone to do it for me
Exclamation

neuton mouse helps me alots with his mega drum sample pack, i own him!

yes, bandcamp is much better performance than soundcloud i think Smile

So there ya go! Smile You should be going up on that path your music seems to be really high fitting for a game. Smile

There's no harm in using some other artwork as long as you give proper credit and there are plenty of cool spaceship artwork out there Smile
Maybe some one could help you in Deviantart . If you find something you like try contacting the artist. They are very good people and can be very accessible in a way. I'm sure it'll make them happy too working with musical artists knowing their artwork is being featured in a Music album. Smile

Bandcamp is really good. We suggest stay with it. Soundcloud is good for demos and drafts in our opinion not to mention the amount of spam is ridiculous.

Post Post #24775
yes....! i really hate spam bots on soundcloud too,very annoying.....but...sometime they can be a..... comfort when no one have attention on your music....lol!

and i should feel grateful because i discovered spacesynth and then it leaded me to wonderful world of game music, as well as amiga,demoscene stuffs...i got so much influences...my spiritual life never happy like that before!

Very Happy Cool

i will have a plan for second EP, each tracks will be longer above 3mins at least, of course,for the price i have to invest more time on composition!

Post Post #24776
KoolKool wrote:
yes....! i really hate spam bots on soundcloud too,very annoying.....but...sometime they can be a..... comfort when no one have attention on your music....lol!

and i should feel grateful because i discovered spacesynth and then it leaded me to wonderful world of game music, as well as amiga,demoscene stuffs...i got so much influences...my spiritual life never happy like that before!

Very Happy Cool

i will have a plan for second EP, each tracks will be longer above 3mins at least, of course,for the price i have to invest more time on composition!

soundcloud is just dirty and full of spam as we see it.

it's good you've found spacesynth and that's right there's always some connection in between game music and this genre because it probably all started in commodore amigas.
Yeah try making songs 3 minutes minimum.
Your composition is not bad. It's the style you've composed that sounds very game-ish in our opinion.
If it's the Laserdance style you are after you need to go lower bpms 120-140max with slower bassline and not so hyper jumpy chinese sort of melodies we think.
Most spacesynth is around 120-130. Work the drums and bassline always follows the lead and so on and there's a sort of eurodance feel to it. listen to snap - rhythm is a dancer for example. In general spacesynth follows those eurodance chords changes etc.
Filipe also did an eastern spacesynth album which is also possible to bring spacesynth in indian/arabic scales.

Post Post #24777
actually i can do twist method and looping more to make up more than 3 mins (even laserdance tracks loop 3-4 times.... ), but it's still better to write more melodies! Smile (Everdune is one of the most innovative artist with his style,a good inspiration for me!)

cool, arab scale, my next release i have a plan for catchy pyramid stage theme too.... Cool

Post Post #24778
KoolKool wrote:
actually i can do twist method and looping more to make up more than 3 mins (even laserdance tracks loop 3-4 times.... ), but it's still better to write more melodies! Smile (Everdune is one of the most innovative artist with his style,a good inspiration for me!)

cool, arab scale, my next release i have a plan for catchy pyramid stage theme too.... Cool

Hey it's me filipe i'm taking over this account as i'm also managing all good dance music stuff . Smile
Hi everyone! Smile

Yeah laserdance if you notice they repeat their 8 bars here and there to extend their songs. It can become a bit repetitive and losing interest in a song. Doesn't mean it's bad i've been listening to cosmotron space version is around 6 mins its pretty cool tune.
Everdune is brilliant imo. He really brought and gave a new meaning to spacesynth music. I love his music and it's of very good influence to be honest. He's great person too. There's a lot of variety in the spacesynth scene and it's good to get bits from here and there ya know? In an influential way of course.
They're all awesome in my opinion. Smile It's cool to see new people joining and coming up with new music. Anton's track 'Space Police' was pretty cool!
See you soon. Smile Still gotta work on some more sounds and stuff. Smile
Pyramid stage? Ok looking foward to it . Smile I don't think you have to improve anything imo i cant produce the music you make n your music is really game fitting believe me.
Now if its more spacesynth sound you are after i dont know how to explain ...i mean you can read the tutorials i guess and there's a certain technique. But as i said i cant make music way you do. If you're not able to come up with the more laserdance stuff dont feel bad there are different artists , Neuton Mouse is really different and that doesn't stop him , does it? I think he programs games too which is pretty cool. So more i really cant say. Long as you are happy dont let anything or anybody stop you from what you love to do. Smile

Master Droid

Post Post #24783
I definitely like the sound scheme for this album... it reminds me a lot of Megaman X4/X5. Like Filipe mentioned, especially with the shorter format, it's very video game music-like. Some tracks are kind of dissonant... I'm listening to Butterfly Mastermind right now, and it seems kind of off. There are some other tracks where I feel like the melodies don't gel so well, like Force of Rapture and Light Blue 303 Harbour. But definitely some interesting tunes. Now I'm on Age of Vision, which is slow and has unique arpeggios. I also liked Wise Selection (though the end was a bit weird), Destruction in Orchestra, and Moon Uprising.

I look forward to hearing more!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: