This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #24812
i asked experts about dissonance yesterday

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=469738

i love this 2 comments

Quote:
Think of dissonance as darkness and shadow, and consonance as light. If you were making a painting, you would need to use both to create interest and balance.

Quote:
consonance and dissonance depends on the context. What is consonant to some may be dissonant to others. But there is no such thing as "bad" in music, in absolute terms. Dissonance is needed, in order to create tension and dynamic.

Dissonance is not exclusive to game music,even metal, any genre can use and go creative with it! why not?

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #24815
KoolKool wrote:

i love this 2 comments

Quote:
Think of dissonance as darkness and shadow, and consonance as light. If you were making a painting, you would need to use both to create interest and balance.

Quote:
consonance and dissonance depends on the context. What is consonant to some may be dissonant to others. But there is no such thing as "bad" in music, in absolute terms. Dissonance is needed, in order to create tension and dynamic.

Dissonance is not exclusive to game music,even metal, any genre can use and go creative with it! why not?

yea man why not? its pretty interesting i agree. Is the dissonance something resonance or feedback? I think it's pretty cool. Smile

Post Post #24817
Good Dance Recordings wrote:

yea man why not? its pretty interesting i agree. Is the dissonance something resonance or feedback? I think it's pretty cool. Smile

the magical music theory world! i should learn more!Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consonance_and_dissonance

Post Post #24818
KoolKool wrote:
Good Dance Recordings wrote:

the magical music theory world! i should learn more!Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consonance_and_dissonance

yep this is very correct. in goa trance uses a lot of eastern chords and usually this is the base. one note next to the other. so it seems this is the dissonance. lots of rave music did this too back in the days.
As for me i think this is pretty good. Its always good to keep an open mind on what concerns music.

Also i would like to add your melodies sound very pleasant and you are very energetic and jumpy in your music. That's why i said i would definitely put it in a game. I'm just being honest. I can tell when something or someone comes with horrible melodies and nothing makes sense and i've came through from such things specially in goa trance most seem to throw random stuff lol its just plain stupid. It can happen anywhere lol . You have talent. Smile
Now in terms of spacesynth of course you sound completely different. I wouldn't expect many fans from here but i wouldn't stop man Smile .

I forgot to say its very nice meeting you aswel. You're from Vietnam! Smile Now i also understand why goa melodies are constantly on the go and explains the constant staccattos and pizzicattos. Cheers man!

And by the way there's another thing : see classical music for example... don't think i need to say anything else! Classical music is the greatest ever. It's pure Art. Not easy to understand either. And there you will get all sorts of chord forms and so on. Orchestral music does same even in movies and so on. Man it's all great imo i love it. Many music came from mad geniuses. People can say my music or me is mental. Who cares? lol Smile I'm bipolar anyways lol. Smile Keep up the good work dude. Smile

Post Post #24819
it's nice to know you, i only hope you stay healthy and making more music! that's enough happy for me and people! Smile

talk about talent, no, i don't have talent, the word "talent" will lead a young person into selfish, egotistical, and arrogant (this is what my father told me)...no good at all! i know there are many kids younger make music better than me and got quite big reputation from the beginning... Smile i'm actually quite lonely sometime, so for me, just keep hard working&learning.....and wait good things happen! Smile

the track "Jaia - Mai Mai" is the most beautiful goa trance about vietnam i have ever listened! highly respect composer made this masterpiece!

Cool

i love to compose folk,orchestra,new age too......there are fast music,also slow music, slow music to clean and chill your soul Smile

Post Post #24820
KoolKool wrote:
it's nice to know you, i only hope you stay healthy and making more music! that's enough happy for me and people! Smile

talk about talent, no, i don't have talent, the word "talent" will lead a young person into selfish, egotistical, and arrogant (this is what my father told me)...no good at all! i know there are many kids younger make music better than me and got quite big reputation from the beginning... Smile i'm actually quite lonely sometime, so for me, just keep hard working&learning.....and wait good things happen! Smile

the track "Jaia - Mai Mai" is the most beautiful goa trance about vietnam i have ever listened! highly respect composer made this masterpiece!

Cool

i love to compose folk,orchestra,new age too......there are fast music,also slow music, slow music to clean and chill your soul Smile

hi KoolKool. don't worry it's fine i always make sure i keep up with my medication. Smile

about the talent well i understand why your father said that. but you have potential . being a talented person doesn't lead to being selfish egotistical and arrogant if you remain humble and honest with people. just don't join the music business and all those things because that's when things start to get ugly. i've no interest in that either altho i have a record label only for myself because i tend to make different works.

Jaia - Mai Mai is a classic. I love that album Blue Energy they made .

Compose and make whatever you feel. That's what i do. Smile
Take care buddy! Smile

Master Droid

Post Post #24826
KoolKool wrote:

i love this 2 comments

Quote:

Quote:

I will freely admit that I'm mostly a traditionalist when it comes to music and melodies... I don't really like atonal and non-melodic music. I like the instruments to blend together harmoniously, and if they aren't at some point, it should be because in several seconds they will come together in a harmoniousness that is all the more glorious because of the tension that preceded it.

Yes, the way I understand musical consonance/dissonance is based in my cultural setting as an American living in 2016. So my experiences are real, but they are different from other people's. I know other people also enjoy playing around with dissonance more, and that's fine, I just don't listen to their music as much. Razz

But the playing with dissonance should be done with intention. When things are just in the wrong key, I think most people can agree that it's not good music and would be better if things were in the right key.

So yeah, if you want to be more experimental and have more dissonance in your music, don't let me hold you back, but do think about how you're using it rather than using it as an excuse to write off misplaced chords. And if you ask for feedback, I might still complain about it. Wink

Post Post #24827
no problem, TD Mak! I am always receptive ! Smile

Post Post #24829
Quote:
I will freely admit that I'm mostly a traditionalist when it comes to music and melodies... I don't really like atonal and non-melodic music. I like the instruments to blend together harmoniously, and if they aren't at some point, it should be because in several seconds they will come together in a harmoniousness that is all the more glorious because of the tension that preceded it.

Yes, the way I understand musical consonance/dissonance is based in my cultural setting as an American living in 2016. So my experiences are real, but they are different from other people's. I know other people also enjoy playing around with dissonance more, and that's fine, I just don't listen to their music as much. Razz

But the playing with dissonance should be done with intention. When things are just in the wrong key, I think most people can agree that it's not good music and would be better if things were in the right key.

So yeah, if you want to be more experimental and have more dissonance in your music, don't let me hold you back, but do think about how you're using it rather than using it as an excuse to write off misplaced chords. And if you ask for feedback, I might still complain about it. Wink

For me what you've said its pretty understandable. If one walks onto a piano and presses keys one after another or random of course its going to sound bad. The consonance/dissonance thing is not very relatable to spacesynth as most is always harmonic. I like my music to be harmonically correct aswel . It's also possible to give a darker vibe harmonically.

Post Post #24832
i still remember when i was 5, i was kicked on the butt out of the piano class because i played a bunch of wrong notes....but it was sound so cool like rave music Cool Cool

anyway,good news today, i have released 10th track as a bonus track for this EP! Smile

and the cover art work by.....um...i found on google so i did a little photoshop...but all respect to person draw it Very Happy

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: