This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #25212
hi folks.

i want to learn more about the making of LD - Future Generation.

I wonder why the sound is so crystal clear. they work with some good old synthesizer like juno and korg.

in the new productions - i find there are "not the same" old good sounds and feelings.

i like LD and i will ever. so let´s talk about - and when erik or michiel can tell us some storys - it would be great to read some "tips and tricks" from the 80´s

thank you

Wavestation

Post Post #25215
Michiel was a subject of comprehensive interview on this website. Maybe some specific second take should be made?

Post Post #25216
crystal clear huh? it's simple, it's good mixing! not hardware synth!
done!

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #25218
When I listen to Future Generation to me it sounds saturated, warm and punchy.

I think the reason the album sounds good is the fact that only a few synthesizers were used and the sounds blend naturally together. It's all about simplicity. The sounds and effects are well chosen and really create a nice and smooth atmosphere. Limitation of technology is its advantage.

What I also like about the mixing is that the top end is not too hyped up (I think this was a problem with some later LD albums). Theres also a nice overall saturation that gels it all together.

Master Droid

Post Post #25219
LauriT wrote:
When I listen to Future Generation to me it sounds saturated, warm and punchy.

I think the reason the album sounds good is the fact that only a few synthesizers were used and the sounds blend naturally together. It's all about simplicity. The sounds and effects are well chosen and really create a nice and smooth atmosphere. Limitation of technology is its advantage.

What I also like about the mixing is that the top end is not too hyped up (I think this was a problem with some later LD albums). Theres also a nice overall saturation that gels it all together.

Yep, the question is, how one can achieve such saturation?
I haven't heard FG's warmth in any other tunes of any musician. And yes... not even in further LD albums (you mentioned the hyped up thing). I've tried a lot of "imitation" experiments and nothing brough me close to it.

Guess this feature (apart from ideas) makes FG a masterpiece. Smile

Post Post #25220
And this is not a step backwards? After all, 30 years have passed.
I think the music foundation.

Post Post #25229
in my opinion it has all to do with what was used at the time and the equipment they had , things weren't so advanced as they are today specially sequencers , it's a well made album and some melodies you can notice they were recorded and played live as tight as possible not like today where everything can be all sequenced. there are many factors that add to it and it certainly is a masterpiece that reflects that era.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: