This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #15069
LauriT wrote:
Universal Audio UAD-1 plugins..

Interested in buying an additional UAD-1 PCI card? Got a spare one laying around which I'm not using (and never will be).
http://www.xpanderland.com/

Post Post #15070
I'm actually really pissed at both Steinberg and Native Instruments.

Steinberg is selling Cubase 6 claiming a lot of new feature but most of the stuff are already in Cubase 5, or 4 or ever SX! I'll wait for Cubase 7 before upgrading - if I ever will. Just spend 150 on Live 8 which really is up my alley when it comes to improvising melodies and arrangements. And since I've owned every version of Cubase since VST 3.7 I don't expect to pay the same price when upgrading one major version as someone upgrading two major versions. E.g. I've gone from 4 -> 5 -> 6, and I'm there fore paying twice as much as someone upgrading from 4 -> 6.

Native Instruments is not getting my money for Komplete 8 simple because I will _never_ pay the same price for upgrading as someone not owning the less than I do. I got Komplete 7 with some extra add-ons and I'm asked to pay the same price as someone running Komplete 5? Really? That type of marketing is ****. So, I'll wait until Komplete 9 and hope that they've solved the issue with the hard drive. If you're selling your product on a hard drive - it shouldn't have to be installed. Connect it and start playing - just like Sample Logic did with Mophestra.

Steinberg and Native Instruments should learn one thing. And that's paying respect to loyal customers. I know they've both lost more customers than just me.

I know I'm being harsh here, but seriously. They can't skim us for money. Waves actually got a nice working model and I think more companies should adapt to that.

Another way to look at it is that I've just saved 650 Smile That's my two cents anyway...

Post Post #15071
David wrote:

Steinberg is selling Cubase 6 claiming a lot of new feature but most of the stuff are already in Cubase 5, or 4 or ever SX!

If Cubase SX 2 supported multi-processors and 64 bit environment, I would do just fine with it. I never needed any more "new features". In fact I liked it more than Cubase 5 that I'm using right now.

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #15073
Heh, at first I thought you were an unhappy Kore customer, David Smile I agree that the upgrade price is steep if you are upgrading from version 7 but I don't see many reasons to upgrade anyway. You should be fine with Komplete 7 unless you really need the new Kontakt.

David wrote:
Interested in buying an additional UAD-1 PCI card? Got a spare one laying around which I'm not using (and never will be).

Thanks but don't really need it Smile I actually wish UAD plugins became native. Also, their current price model is ridiculous. Who wants to spend a pile of cash for an underpowered dsp card and then pay hundreds of dollars for single plugins? The plugins are very good but there are many decent native alternatives these days.

Quote:
I know I'm being harsh here, but seriously. They can't skim us for money. Waves actually got a nice working model and I think more companies should adapt to that.

Like sending spies to studios to check whether they use cracked plugins? Wink Waves' actions in the past lost me as a customer. However, their current prices are more realistic. The company I work for bought Renaissance Maxx Bundle and it's good bang for the buck, I have to admit. I dislike iLok though.

Post Post #15075
LauriT wrote:
Quote:

Like sending spies to studios to check whether they use cracked plugins? Wink

Well, sorry for saying this but; If you want to use a certain plugin, you'll have to pay the price for it. If you think it's an unfair price it's still a crime pirating the plugin. By also having a big studio, showing off big clients and then still be unwilling to pay the price for the plugins? Buy a cheaper plugin from a competitor - or face the truth.

The thing here is that it's not only Waves' who're losing customers on this one. Their competitors are too. Why pay for a cheaper (and less good) plugin when you can pirate the best one for free? I'd be mad if I were Nomad Factory in that case.

I admit that asking 10 times the price of the actual plugin is pushing it. The retail price plus the fee for the lawfirm would have sufficed.

LauriT wrote:
Waves' actions in the past lost me as a customer. However, their current prices are more realistic. The company I work for bought Renaissance Maxx Bundle and it's good bang for the buck, I have to admit. I dislike iLok though.

iLok's a bitch, agreed. How would you have done it if you were Waves? I think sending in spies was a brilliant move! Probably scared the **** out of lots of other studios Very Happy

[Retired Droid]

Post Post #15076
David wrote:
iLok's a bitch, agreed. How would you have done it if you were Waves? I think sending in spies was a brilliant move! Probably scared the **** out of lots of other studios Very Happy

Ok - were are drifting away from the topic but just a short reply:

Of course there's no excuse for pirating especially when it comes to commercial studios. But I still don't like these RIAA-like scare tactics that are not even legal in some countries. When I'm buying software I look very closely at the company and see how they treat their customers. Waves has always struck me as a company that makes good plugins but feel distant. They have put lots of time and money into PACE/iLok and other protection schemes that simply alienate me Aliens from Outerspace

Post Post #18417
Hi all Smile

It's my first post on this forum.
I.m musician from Poland. Electronic music very interesting me.
I want to try composing spacesynth songs.
My DAW is reason 7 with Nektar Panorama P6 midi keyboard controler.
I searching sounds and samples, hords, leads, pads and bells characteristic for laserdance, koto etc.
For reason it's dificoult because I can't VST to use for example Ensonique SQ8.
I just have JUnobass samples, fairlight sounds but i can't find bells and hords differend in laserdance style.
Question - where i find for free or commercial sounds for buying?

Best regards Smile

P.S.
Sorry for my english Smile

Post Post #19126
I'm using FL Studio,it's very good! Easy to use and understand
So much convenients on this DAW, so you can focus on composing! Very Happy

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #22524
KoolKool wrote:
I'm using FL Studio,it's very good! Easy to use and understand
So much convenients on this DAW, so you can focus on composing! Very Happy

same here fully customized the rest is history LOL
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: