This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #11796
I've just returned from Avatar. Firstible it was pretty insane idea to drive about 300km to the closest IMAX theater just to see a single movie, but after Adi's encouragement (thanks, Adi!) and some favorable circumstances I decided to do so. Well, it took only few minutes to say it was a good decision.
Avatar is magic. The story is straightforward and predictable, but I guess it's on purpose, since Cameron's main objective was to present the technology nobody have used in movie before. In this case technology is not a replacement for story, which applies to many new movies, but is a mean to let the spectator dive into the world of Pandora and the story so much, that's you don't want to leave it at the end of projection. The level of detail of Pandora's ecosystem is outstanding. Few scenes are breathtaking, like a rhino-like creature encounter, where it felt like it was going to trample me, or really impressive final mech fight scene.
From now on, every movie seen in theater will be lacking, as long as 3D technology will not be a standard.

Post Post #18348
Check This Is the End if you guys haven't, it's hilarious. If the cast that includes Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, and the rest of Hollywood is not enough to excite you, just watch it to see Channing Tatum in a very unusual role Smile

Post Post #18354
As big sf fan my recommendation for new generation sf would be: District 9 (one of my favs), Pitch Black (it is with Vin Diesel in first role as Riddick), Soldier (with Kurt Russel-movie that was definitely one of my favs, not just because of fav actor Kurt), Predators, The One (action sf). Dark City (mystery sf).
Thats it for now, but if I remember someone else I am gonna post it.

Post Post #18364
One word - GRAVITY. A space-dream-come-true-movie. Only in IMAX 3D of course. No smaller screen allowed.

Post Post #18570
The Machine - sci-fi thriller about AI, in a spirit of legendary anime Ghost In The Shell. Movie itself is decent, but I recommend it because of music by Tom Raybould - music is very 80's inspired, a lot of analog sounds, thick basslines and such. OST is available at Spotify - just give a listen to tracks like Birth, Revolution or The Machine Fights.

Post Post #18602
Edge of tomorrow was very good. Good action and time loop or time travel in general is always interesting.

Post Post #22332
At last KUNG FURY! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Greets Smile

Master Droid

Post Post #22333
Spacesynth Fan wrote:
At last KUNG FURY! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Greets Smile

Oh man, I've only seen the first 5 minutes and it's already amazing. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the rabid arcade machine standing around and giving a puppy the finger.

Post Post #22336
Great vid Smile Barbarianna yeah

Chris van Buren
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: